STIHL --A MORE AGGRESSIVE CHAIN

/ STIHL --A MORE AGGRESSIVE CHAIN #41  
I do have another question about chains. I found 2 Husky chains. 1 chain list it as H46 72 LP. The other chain is H80 72V . Both are 24'' & 84 DL and .50 pitch. What's the difference in these chains with 2 different #'S ? I found these for less than this $35.00 Stihl chain that I just bought

/ STIHL --A MORE AGGRESSIVE CHAIN #42  
kenmac said:
I do have another question about chains. I found 2 Husky chains. 1 chain list it as H46 72 LP. The other chain is H80 72V . Both are 24'' & 84 DL and .50 pitch. What's the difference in these chains with 2 different #'S ? I found these for less than this $35.00 Stihl chain that I just bought

The first chain is a full chisel professional chain, the second is a low kickback home owner chain. The 72lp and 72v of the part number refer to oregon chain specs.

/ STIHL --A MORE AGGRESSIVE CHAIN #43  
The first chain is a full chisel professional chain, the second is a low kickback home owner chain. The 72lp and 72v of the part number refer to oregon chain specs.

thanks, I just bought 2 of the H80 72v,s for 40 bucks.That's alot better than 35 for 1

Last edited:
   / STIHL --A MORE AGGRESSIVE CHAIN #44  
72V is vanguard safety chain. Dont like the rakers on these at all L.

If I were to cut the rakers down, would that mean I would have chisel or semi chisel ?

To answer your other question, grinding rakers down dont make a chain chisel or semi chisel.

/ STIHL --A MORE AGGRESSIVE CHAIN #45  
72V is vanguard safety chain. Dont like the rakers on these at all L.

So,These chains that I just ordered won't be like the Sthil chain I bought ?

Never mind. I found a pic of this chain.My 53 cc husky had 1 of these on it when I bought it yrs ago. I guess I'll just have to take the die grinder to this chain.Maybe that's why they were 20.00 ea.no body wants them ?

/ STIHL --A MORE AGGRESSIVE CHAIN #47  
I said I didn't want to go around you guys but I wanted a more aggressive chain.
To which he replied:"we can sell you that same chain, BUT you will have to sign a hold harmless legal document absolving the dealership of any liability.

I signed the document and bought two more aggressive chains.

Funny. A couple of months after I bought my first saw just a few years ago, I went to the local dealer looking to by a spare bar and chain. Seeing only yellow-labeled chains on display, I asked about a green label chain. I didn't feel my skills were up to the yellow chain. Shop's answer: "We don't have those. This is what you need." Handed me yellow label chain. It cut well and I didn't kill myself, but based on a pattern of poor customer service -- everyone seems to have stories and I've seen them in shouting matches with customers more than once, I've found a dealer a bit farther away, but with a better reputation.