Stihl MS 290 starting issues

/ Stihl MS 290 starting issues #11  
Did you happen to check the impulse line while you were replacing the fuel line and fuel filter.

/ Stihl MS 290 starting issues
Did you happen to check the impulse line while you were replacing the fuel line and fuel filter.
No, not even sure where or what the impulse line is. Took the cover off, removed the air cleaner and carb, pulled old fuel line/filter, replaced with new, put carb back on, new air cleaner and cover. Did not disturb or touch anything else, it was fairly straight forward with nothing in the way.

/ Stihl MS 290 starting issues #13  
No, not even sure where or what the impulse line is. Took the cover off, removed the air cleaner and carb, pulled old fuel line/filter, replaced with new, put carb back on, new air cleaner and cover. Did not disturb or touch anything else, it was fairly straight forward with nothing in the way.

You removed and replaced the carb. Did you replace the gasket between the carb and engine?
When, if ever, have you replaced the in tank fuel filter. Is the in tank fuel line and filter able to get access to gas mix at the bottom of the tank?

You removed and replaced the carb. Did you replace the gasket between the carb and engine?
When, if ever, have you replaced the in tank fuel filter. Is the in tank fuel line and filter able to get access to gas mix at the bottom of the tank?

Replaced fuel line, filter and air cleaner. Gasket on carb was fine as far as I could see. Also, now I know what the impluse line is, didn't know it was called that, it was good, no cracks or breaks.

/ Stihl MS 290 starting issues #15  
You may now have a leak between the carb and engine; even though the gasket 'looked' good it may not be sealing. I'd remove it again and coat the gasket with a thin coat of vaseline or grease, and then put it back on and see what happens. Any air leaking past the gasket will keep it from starting.

You may now have a leak between the carb and engine; even though the gasket 'looked' good it may not be sealing. I'd remove it again and coat the gasket with a thin coat of vaseline or grease, and then put it back on and see what happens. Any air leaking past the gasket will keep it from starting.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.