Stihl MS 311

/ Stihl MS 311 #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
would this be a commercial grade, or home owner grade saw ?

/ Stihl MS 311 #2  
Unless something changed that would be homeowner grade. Use to be even numbers were commercial and odd were homeowner, but that line is somewhat skewed at this point.

/ Stihl MS 311 #3  
Homeowner.

/ Stihl MS 311 #4  
Definitely homeowner. Though I think stihl considers it a "mid-grade" saw. But its clamshell type saw.
Still not a bad saw though....stihl makes a good saw. Just not the HP/weight or performance of some of the more expensive saws.

/ Stihl MS 311 #7  
Stihl's have become way over priced and everyone needs at least a muffler mod. Stihl is operating under the JD mantra. Charge a premium price.

/ Stihl MS 311
Appreciate the responses. I thought it might be a commercial saw by the price $600+.
Seems like a pretty good saw. I didn't purchase it, someone gave it to me, and just wondered if it was commercial or home owner grade.
I guess just not as good as my 372xp

/ Stihl MS 311 #10  
Appreciate the responses. I thought it might be a commercial saw by the price $600+.
Seems like a pretty good saw. I didn't purchase it, someone gave it to me, and just wondered if it was commercial or home owner grade.
I guess just not as good as my 372xp

I bought the 310 (I don't know what the modification was in the 311) back when they first came out. A very good, reliable saw. It ate literally acres of trees. I actually ran it until I started up grading to commercial grade Stihls. It had almost no compression at that point but still ran. I gave it to a buddy and he has it as his primary saw today.