Stihl MS250C parts?

/ Stihl MS250C parts? #1  

TigerFanatic1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M9540
Where do you get chainsaw parts from? I have an old Stihl MS250C that I broke the pull string, while attempting to replace it I broke shaft that the spring and rotor slides on. I spoke to the our local dealer which says I have to buy the entire assembly for $170.

/ Stihl MS250C parts? #2  
Try this place I have bought parts from them before......https://www.hlsproparts.com/product-p/h63029a-dns.htm

/ Stihl MS250C parts? #5  
Amazon. The 250 must be a popular saw because they have about every part for them. I assume some of the stuff is cheaper but unless you make your living with the saw the stuff seems ok. I rebuilt a ms250 for about a $100 with parts off of Amazon for a saw that had a badly scored piston and cylinder.

/ Stihl MS250C parts? #6  
Amazon or Ebay. dirt cheap.

/ Stihl MS250C parts?
It may be a 251, surprisingly I don't have a picture and am off at work. I struggled finding anything on amazon for which ever saw it was.

/ Stihl MS250C parts? #8  
251c was in its own class,----250's were the cheeeepie saw that stihl came up with to compete with the imports. I am not putting the 250 down, have and use 4 of them myself! HOWEVER they are also in their own class as to how they start and run! Gotta be super fine tuned and they are one picky mof! Love mine after I finally figured out how to fix them!
Parts off the internet all over for them!