stihl ms290 wont run

/ stihl ms290 wont run #11  
I also agree with checking hoses and carb. More then likely it will be something simple. Own a 250 and 310 great saw, same family as the farm boss 290.

For those said said trade the stihl in for a husky well............ bwahhahahahahahaheeehheehaahaaaaheeehaaa. That's just plain FUNNY !!!!!

/ stihl ms290 wont run
could someone explain to me how to replace the fuel line in my stihl ms 290? I found one on ebay-thanks...

/ stihl ms290 wont run #13  
could someone explain to me how to replace the fuel line in my stihl ms 290? I found one on ebay-thanks...

Disconnect from carb and use pliers to grab the rubber grommet part of the fuel line where it enters the tank and pull it out. The line should have a fuel filter - now would be a good time to replace ;).

Feed in the new line and use a screw drive to seat the grommet (without poking a new hole) - reconnect to carb - should start on second pull (maybe 3rd)

Worked for me -- others may have better methods.

/ stihl ms290 wont run
so I don't have to remove the carb?

/ stihl ms290 wont run #16  
My ms 250 would not start this weekend......... come to find out the choke had stuck in the closed position. Couldn't tell untill I removed the air cleaner because the choke control knob would move like it was suppose to.

/ stihl ms290 wont run #17  
Others gave good hints, but make sure the fuel mix is new/fresh. Makes a huge difference on 2-strokes.

Oops, re-read original post, using new mix. That leaves fuel filter, fuel line, or impulse hose as likely suspects. Carb diaphragm may also be stiff, may need to "kit" the carb.

RavensRoost

/ stihl ms290 wont run
thanks a lot mikefromnh and the rest that helped with my ms 290 prob. It was the fuel line and it's back better than ever....