Stihl MS310 Hard Starting

/ Stihl MS310 Hard Starting #11  
tried a new spark plug and propper gapped yet??

/ Stihl MS310 Hard Starting
Well, just got the saw running but no idea why. Here is the long story:
Shiny new NGK plug correctly gapped per owner’s manual - No Joy
Compression checked at 100psi, low but acceptable considering I had to rig some washers to compensate for the long shank on my tester, I may not have had a good seal
Put a straw full of highest gas with top of the line Stihl oil directly into the combustion chamber - No Joy
Profanity concerning German Engineering - No Joy
More profanity concerning German Engineering as my Echo has work flawlessly for over 30-years - Still No joy
Put a straw full of fuel mix into the carb - No Joy - Wait it coughed
Set the throttle to the warm setting and pulled some more - Bingo, saw started, shuddered, spit some black fluid out the exhaust and is now starting and running like a BMW
Still not impressed with German Engineering
Thanks for all your advice and I would be interested in your assessment. Take Care!

/ Stihl MS310 Hard Starting #14  
Spark arrestor in the exhaused plugged. all the gas cleaned it out some.

/ Stihl MS310 Hard Starting #15  
If the arrestor was plugged, the saw should of run for a short time, overheated and shut down by itself. After cool down , the saw should of restarted. Unless this was happening and we were not informed so this guess is as good as any. Your saw started because you primed the carb which obviously had no gas in it by itself. This could be a pressure problem of some sort. I'd go with insufficient spark from a worn out plug or gap right now. Other thing you may look at is your choke lever to make sure it is working properly and closing butterfly fully. I have also seen worn needles cause leak down and the carb empties out but this usually takes over night. There are so many things that can contribute to this stuff so it is always a crapshoot when doing cyber guessing as it relates to chainsaw problems. When it is warm out, chainsaws do not need too much choke and a "sputter" is not always the telltale to flip choke off. If it happens again and it is not "operator error", I'd do a complete carb and fuel path tune up or replacement. When I had to log during the summer ( ugh) there were some saws that required only one or two pulls with the choke on. If one was waiting for the "sputter" one flooded the saw. Mostly, this was with larger saws. At any rate, hope it stays joyful for you.