Stir/Shaken

/ Stir/Shaken #11  
I just got one telling me I have a warrant out for my arrest for identy fraud. My wife got the exact same call a few minutes later. How stupid do they think we are. I went and renabled call block on my phone. I only disabled it to get a call back from PayPal.
I got the same a couple of months ago but am still waiting for them to come get me. Maybe we can share the same jail cell, and compare tractor tales.

/ Stir/Shaken #12  
How has your life changed since you became a fugitive? lol

/ Stir/Shaken #13  
Like many folks, i DO NOT answer the calls if i don't know the caller. That's why they invented voice mail and texting.

There is a powerful urge to answer the phone that lives in most of us, the urge to communicate, the fear of missing something or being left out.

On the little news clip announcing the new program they showed a 30 something women starring at her phone, in emotional distress, wanting to answer but knowing she shouldn't.

I repeat myself when i say, advertising people and lawyers know the truth about being human, like we all do except, they know how and are willing to leverage that knowledge.

/ Stir/Shaken #14  
Got a call yesterday from an unknown number. Did not answer.

But - a voice mail was left.

The voicemail was in Chinese.

Maybe I’m in trouble in China!

MoKelly

/ Stir/Shaken #15  
My lovely wife used to be paranoid about missing a phone call. For about 33 of our 37 or so years together. She'd make every effort possible to answer the phone when it rang.
I'd let it ring and go to voice mail. Drove her nuts.
Finally she's been weaned off that.
If Stir/Shaken works - GREAT!!!
But I'm not expecting it to.

/ Stir/Shaken #16  
Uh, the do not call list was never anything but a list of names/numbers, not an agency of geeks chasing rainbows on our tax dollars. There will always be unknown unknowns.

/ Stir/Shaken #17  
They should just call it 007... or perhaps "Bond. James Bond."
I doubt it will work. Companies which will spoof local numbers, including those of the town office and the local police station- to say nothing about having "USGovernment" show up on your caller ID- really don't care about pesky little laws.
What's really entertaining is when those scammers pretending to be with the US Government or even a local law enforcement office call a number used by the US government or the law enforcement agency they're attempting to impersonate. :ROFLMAO:

/ Stir/Shaken #18  
Uh, the do not call list was never anything but a list of names/numbers, not an agency of geeks chasing rainbows on our tax dollars. There will always be unknown unknowns.
best I've heard was a spam caller who flat out admitted the "do-not-call" list was where they got the numbers they were calling :rolleyes:

/ Stir/Shaken #19  
So while I am reading this thread I get a call from Denver Co. I am in Pennsylvania so I dumped it. As it turns out my upcoming back surgery here in Pa. is going to be monitored by some company based in Colorado. They wanted to chat about it. You can’t win.