Stock tips?

/ Stock tips? #1  

toddler

Gold Member
Tractor
Previously: Kubota B2710. Now Deere 3520
Since the market isn't doing what my thermometer is, I figure it's not a bad time to buy. Anyone have a favorite stock, or something interesting. My pet stock at the moment is CryoCell (CCEL). Bought some after we used them to store my daughter's cord blood stem cells 17m ago.
It's gone up with all the stem cell controversy recently.
Todd

/ Stock tips? #2  
Stock tips???

well, here's one. Buy low, sell high!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm heavy in the technologies.
There some really low priced stocks on the market now.

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)
Retired Yuppie Tractor Owner

/ Stock tips? #3  
Personally I cashed out of the stock market 2 years ago before the downturn. To me it was just too good to be keep being true. Most of what I had was in retirement so I didn't have to pay taxes on the gains and converted them to bonds mostly. I won't be back in the stock market for awhile yet. Record layoffs for the last month and no predictions of anything happening yet. I don't think that we've seen the end of the falling market yet.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Stock tips? #4  
I'm with you Doc,with One Trillion Dollars lost in the Market last year,there is a LOT of ground that has to be gained.So far,it has'nt happened.

/ Stock tips? #5  
Just curious, would'nt be a good idea to buy now while everything is in the gutter? Eventually they're going back up, they always do, dont they? Or is it picking the ones that WILL go back up the problem?

/ Stock tips? #6  
You must listen to Bob Brinker too? We bailed out on 75% of what we had in the stock market a year ago February. Put the 75% into the money market.

I'm still doing dollar-cost-averaging on any new stuff going in, but it is only the "new money". Old money is earning interest. Like you, "most" of our investments are in IRA's and 401K, the other 25% has taken a beating, but selling it would have also guaranteed the loss, and also pinged us real hard in the tax department. I won't get in with gusto until Bob gives the go-ahead.

The GlueGuy

/ Stock tips? #7  
Exactly,right now I would go long-term in the Big Blue.Tech stocks look to me to be very questionable right now.

/ Stock tips? #8  
<font color=blue>long-term in the Big Blue.Tech stocks look to me to be very questionable right now</font color=blue>

Ummmm. That sounds like an oxymoron? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif Isn't Big Blue considered a tech stock? Or do you mean something else? Maybe Blue Chip (which Big Blue is one of)? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

The GlueGuy

/ Stock tips? #10  
I think real estate rentals look good right now. What pitiful sum I have in Merrill Lynch is now in their money market drawing a whopping 3% or so. However the mortgage rates for income properties are pretty decent right now. You can leverage your investment by only putting up 5% or so. Put up $5000 on a 100,000 rent house. Rent pretty much makes the payments. The value increases by only 15% and you triple your investment.

Downside is, in the mid 80s I saw alot of those $100K houses drop to $60K and without tenants. Particularly I saw $10,000,000 apartment complexes go from 95% occupancy to 50% and a lot of people lost everything, including several S & L investors.

There's a risk either way, but I plan to build couple of duplexes in our small town / growing, developing area during the next year or so and see what happens. Right now there just isn't enough housing and its easy to find tenants. Who knows how it will be 5 years from now?

Alan L., TX