Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #1  

pengs68

Bronze Member
Tractor
FARMALL M, FORD 4600, FORD 2000
Any one had any experience with the Stoltzfus brand kicker wagon? Also do you know of any dealers in the northeast near Albany NY? I have seen used ones advertised but cant seem to find new ones at nearby dealers. Thanks.

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #2  
Any one had any experience with the Stoltzfus brand kicker wagon? Also do you know of any dealers in the northeast near Albany NY? I have seen used ones advertised but cant seem to find new ones at nearby dealers. Thanks.
what is one ?

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #3  
Stolzfus has a good reputation and there isn't much to a kicker wagon anyway so I wouldn't be too concerned about quality. I like the Pequea kicker wagons and have three of them and one H&S. They all catch bales fine.

I don't know where to buy new Stolzfus kicker wagons (if they even make them still) though and have never seen one in person, only in ads on Fastline and Lancaster farming. Is there any particular reason you are looking for this one particular brand?

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #4  
what is one ?

This is one of my kicker wagons. It follows the baler and as the bales come out of the baler they go into the thrower which throws them into the wagons. Kicker is a common term as some people call the thrower a kicker and I think the JD pan ejector is commonly referred to locally as a kicker.

Attachments

• TL with baler.JPG
    TL with baler.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 933
   / Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #5  
   / Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons
The reason I was looking for info on the Stoltzfus wagons was someone told me the sides are removable. I would like to remove the sides for winter storage because I dont have enough shed space. I also cant have the flared out sides on the top like the E-Z trail and H&S wagons. I wouldnt be able to pull it in to unload.

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #7  
The Pequea sides are removable also. Just a few bolts is all it takes. I put my last wagon together myself as the deck has pegs the sides sit down on and you bolt them through and then bolt the front stablizers and the back door together. And the last I knew you had the option with the Pequea as to flared or straight tops on the sides. Of course I don't know if they make kicker wagons anymore either as their site doesn't show them :(

I really did like the Pequea kicker wagons. They had steel C channel main beams with steel 2x4 joists the 2x6 decking bolted to. They were built solid and were not too bad price wise. I will call my dealer tomorrow and see if they are still being made. H&S wagons decks are also built like this now I have found out.

I would think all of the steel kicker wagons sides are removable as they come in pieces and are assembled at the dealer. The sides are laid on the deck and strapped that way from the factory for shipping. The biggest thing is how many bolts you will have to undo to disassemble. Have you asked if you can buy an E-Z trail or H&S with straight sides?

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #8  
my dealer has pequa kicker wagons, he is near oneonta ny. south central ny.

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #9  
my dealer has pequa kicker wagons, he is near oneonta ny. south central ny.

I thought my dealer had them also the last time I was there. What is confusing me is that Pequea doesn't list them on their website anymore:confused:

/ Stoltzfus Kicker Wagons #10