Stop and Smell the Roses

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #11  
Wow Harv, that is one great looking place! Are you sure you want to stay in the city when you could look at that view every morning?

Mark

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #12  
Harv:

MarkV just said what I'd been thinking as I read through the posts.

I'll say it again:
Oh.. Wow... Did you say you're struggling with the decision whether to move there or not? After seeing that sight, how can you not?

I envy you.

WVBill

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #13  
Harv, great picture and truly inspirational post! Also the first TBN photo collage!?! Thanks.

Rob

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #14  
Like we say down here in Alabama "Ain't God good!".

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #15  
Harv, that is one good looking piece of heaven on earth. It's easy to understand devotion to a place and the work that goes into keeping and developing it when you do stop and smell the roses once and awhile.

Explain to me (please) one more time why you're wrestling with moving there permanently. I'm kind of slow some times.

Bob Pence

/ Stop and Smell the Roses
Bob, MarkV, WVBill -

The scenery is certainly a powerful incentive to pack up and move there permanently, but alas, there are other considerations.

Actually, y'all raise an interesting question -- if you live in the middle of a picture postcard like this, do you eventually take it for granted? I hope the answer is "no". /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #17  
Harv:

When I was in the Navy, I had some friends who were stationed in Hawaii and they used to say "Well, living in Paridise gets old after a while." Of course, they were saying that while wearing big sh**-eatin' grins and sun tans so I never believed them.

I can't imagine how a setting like yours could ever get old for a "tractor person".

WVBill

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #18  
Harv, since my back sliding door and deck are on the North side of our house, I've looked to the North down into a series of small valleys and ridges every day for the last 20 years. It's always the same view, but yet it's always different. Have I personally never gotten tired of it.....not even close.

There are times when I'm out back mowing that I'll shut everything down, walk away from the tractor to the edge of the woods, and just stand in wonder at the beauty and the silence. Even my wife, who grew up in the "burbs" and had to be pried (ok, dragged with a chain and a Kubota) out of her suburban comfort zone some 20+ years ago, now thinks there may be too many people moving to the area. She's trying to convince me to buy/build another place a bit further from all the urbanization. My kids (youngest now 16) even agree with her. They all think it's time to get more rural again. But see, they don't know anything different.....they've always lived in the country.

I doubt you'll ever tire of the view. It may become part of the everyday routine, but tire of it.....doubt it. See, that's part of my problem right now. I love the view I have. It's not mountains, or a lakeshore, but it's mine and I like it.

Bob Pence

/ Stop and Smell the Roses #19  
Harv, I think computers have warped your mind! Not living in your country paradise does not compute. I would say how great it is, but can't find enough supurlatives, but let it suffice to say, a copy of your picture now resides in a spot of prime residence in my wife's jigsaw puzzle software, on HER computer!

/ Stop and Smell the Roses
Scruffy -

<font color=blue>a copy of your picture now resides in a spot of prime residence in my wife's jigsaw puzzle software</font color=blue>

That's about as high a praise as a man could ask for. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif