Storage Box for Roll Bar

/ Storage Box for Roll Bar #11  
It's called a Piranha Tooth Bar and I bought it on the web from an outfit called bxpanded.com. People who have put them on tractor buckets seem to like them quite well and like any tooth bar or toothed bucket they should dig better than a smooth one. Also supposedly helps with clearing brush as the teeth are bevel sharpened on all edges. I say "supposedly" because the ground froze up solid around here just before the bar arrived and I haven't really put it to the test.

It sure looks better than the OEM Ventrac tooth option. I'll check that site out.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Ventrac. I demoed Ventrac with the 72 inch finish mower and the contour deck, but the dealer did not bring a power bucket. The 72 inch deck did well, but the contour mower performed poorly (almost like it was underpowered and/or the blade velocity was way to slow).

I am curious how well the bucket does with a little light excavating (digging down a foot or so). I know that it is no skid steer, but wonder how well it does in the dirt. Not many videos out there of people digging or leveling ground with it.

/ Storage Box for Roll Bar #12  
It's called a Piranha Tooth Bar and I bought it on the web from an outfit called bxpanded.com. People who have put them on tractor buckets seem to like them quite well and like any tooth bar or toothed bucket they should dig better than a smooth one. Also supposedly helps with clearing brush as the teeth are bevel sharpened on all edges. I say "supposedly" because the ground froze up solid around here just before the bar arrived and I haven't really put it to the test.

It sure looks better than the OEM Ventrac tooth option. I'll check the site out. Did you have to drill a couple of holes in the side of the bucket or was it a direct bolt on?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Ventrac. I demoed one this fall with the 72 inch finish mower and the contour deck, but the dealer did not bring a power bucket. The 72 inch deck did well, but the contour mower performed poorly (almost like it was underpowered and/or the blade velocity was way to slow).

I am curious how well the bucket does with a little light excavating (digging down a foot or so). I know that it is no skid steer, but wonder how well it does in the dirt. Not many videos out there of people digging or leveling ground with it.

/ Storage Box for Roll Bar
There are videos of all kinds of things including snowblowing pumpkins but as you noted not much about actual digging with the bucket.

I've only had my machine since July and I didn't get the bucket until fall and by the time I got it and put the tooth bar on things were frozen up. So, I don't have any experience I can share with you at this point. I'll know more in the spring which means late May to June around here.

/ Storage Box for Roll Bar #14  
It sure looks better than the OEM Ventrac tooth option. I'll check that site out.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Ventrac. I demoed Ventrac with the 72 inch finish mower and the contour deck, but the dealer did not bring a power bucket. The 72 inch deck did well, but the contour mower performed poorly (almost like it was underpowered and/or the blade velocity was way to slow).

You got to remember the you add length of the tooth bar from the pivot point of the bucket you will loose digging power, they aren't over blessed the way they are. I took the factory ones and welded the end up with 110 -18 and ground them sharp edge. It digs really good now...... jim