Store implements inside or outside

/ Store implements inside or outside #11  
My FEL sits outside most of the time except for in the winter when it is attached for snow removal. My mower deck sits outside during the summer and so does my tractor during the summer. But the drive is protected from rain as it is under the tractor. In the winter my deck is put in a shed. But now I have a tiller that so far has been kept inside but won't have room this summer so I will set outside and will make some type of roof over it.

murph

/ Store implements inside or outside #12  
I know that many, if not most, real farmers leave equipment sitting out in the weather all the time, at least in my part of the country, but I just couldn't do that. I kept all of mine inside in this 40' x 60' shop building. I just couldn't see letting stuff deteriorate like it does sitting outside.

/ Store implements inside or outside #13  
When I built my barn, one of my concerns was covered storage for my implements and building materials. I didn't feel they needed four walls or high security, just a place to keep the elements off of them.

Because of an un-forseen devorce, I enclosed one side to create a place to live.

The other side then had to handle twice my expected storage needs. As it turns out, it's all I've really needed.

My new workshop that I'm building will have a 30 foot by 12 foot storage area that will be enclosed on two sides.

Attachments

• 657626-Picture 641.jpg
    657626-Picture 641.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 297
   / Store implements inside or outside #14  
Bird,

If you don't mind me asking, what was the finished price per square foot of your building?

froggy

/ Store implements inside or outside #15  
Froggy, that building was there when I bought the place in December '94. A neighbor told it was built about 1990 and he saw an invoice for $12,000; didn't know whether that included the concrete, electrical power, etc. So I'm afraid that's no help now.

/ Store implements inside or outside #16  
Bird,

Thanks, for the response. I have been figuring about $20-$50 per sq. ft., depending on how it is finished out.

froggy

/ Store implements inside or outside #17  
[image]http://photobucket.com/albums/y39/Deere_X475guy/?action=view&current=PHDStand2.jpg[/image]

The tiller sits in the barn and the rest are under this leanto.

/ Store implements inside or outside #18  
Froggy,
I have a bid right now on a 40x60 14' sidewall, 1 roll up door, 1 walk in door, slab with footings, insulated walls and roof. You provide a level place and they prep the ground and pour the slab... All steel, anchored, etc.. 34,000.00 complete..
Contact me if you're interested..
daniel@texasoutdoorguide.com

/ Store implements inside or outside #19  
Inside so far, might run out of room soon though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
They last much longer and need less maintenance if kept out of the weather.
Ben

/ Store implements inside or outside #20  
Thanks, but that is more than I plan to spend. Will probably shoot for 20K for a barn/storage building.