Storing Tractor?

/ Storing Tractor? #11  
Tractor lives in the garage until paid for and I can drop the insurance. I just bought a "Garage in a Box" from Home Depot: 13'x20'x12' for $599 to store all my implements.

Father-in-Law next door has a couple and they have survived the sun, rain, cold and snow well. 3 years on the oldest one now and no sign of fading or wear. I sure couldn't build a wooden structure that size...

/ Storing Tractor? #12  
It would be nice to have a big machine shop and keep everything under cover. Right now I have a 30x40 garage where I keep my tractor and my 3pt snowblower. I keep my Rotary Cutter, Flail Mower and Tiller outdoors on pallets or pavers, and covered/wrapped with tarps (keep the PTO drivelines dry). I keep my box blade and rear blade on pallets and uncovered.

Before I had a garage, I covered my tractor with a tarp. I realize tractors are out in the open at dealerships, but I think it is better for the seat and all the connections to the safety switches if it is covered.

/ Storing Tractor? #13  
It would be nice to have a big machine shop and keep everything under cover. Right now I have a 30x40 garage where I keep my tractor and my 3pt snowblower. I keep my Rotary Cutter, Flail Mower and Tiller outdoors on pallets or pavers, and covered/wrapped with tarps (keep the PTO drivelines dry). I keep my box blade and rear blade on pallets and uncovered.

Before I had a garage, I covered my tractor with a tarp. I realize tractors are out in the open at dealerships, but I think it is better for the seat and all the connections to the safety switches if it is covered.

I don't have "a big machine shop", but I do keep EVERYTHING inside.
I have a 36' x 48' Morton building, and alongside, a 40' x 50' detached garage.
Inside: My 3 old Ford tractors, attachments, boats, cars, 20' equipment trailer, my dad's 1981 VW pickup, a 1902 doctor buggy, and LOTS of other stuff!
Anybody wanna buy a doctor buggy??

/ Storing Tractor? #14  
It all depends on how long you want your equipment to last. Sun, rain, and ice all take their toll after a while. Tires get cracked, paint deteriorates leading to rust, seat covers disintegrate.

/ Storing Tractor? #15  
Things with moving parts are inside. Things without moving parts are outside. So tractor, bush hog and tiller are inside. Built a dolly for the bush hog with some HF Moving Dollies and some 2x6's I had laying around. Now I can move it out of the way easy. The tiller does not get much use so burying it in the back of the barn is no big deal.

/ Storing Tractor? #16  
Around here you can get an 18x20 carport for less than $2,000 installed. That's pretty cheap cover for equipment.

/ Storing Tractor? #17  
Around here you can get an 18x20 carport for less than $2,000 installed. That's pretty cheap cover for equipment.

I sure wish I had options like that. Freight would kill me even if I did the labor my self.

/ Storing Tractor? #18  
So I don't post much (read & learn constantly)... but this subject is unfortunately one I regret.... I am currently in the process of restoring / rebuilding my TC40D from it being outside (for another post). From this point forward my tractor & as many implements I can fit will be under cover & sealed from open ground.... Currently a 3 1/2 car garage (wife's car, sports car, & tractor/ implements) my truck outside & a 40 foot shipping container for our bass boat & other implements... New BIG garage in the near future...

/ Storing Tractor? #19  
You just can't beat covered storage. Please share photos of your progress once you get started.

/ Storing Tractor? #20  
I try and park everything in my shop. Not only to keep the sun from wrecking things, I also do it for the rodent problem. I can pretty much keep mice and rats at bay inside my shop.