Storing your backhoe

/ Storing your backhoe #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
I need to build a dolly for my backhoe, it's a couple of hours away unfortunately.

Can someone give me some rough dimensions of their dolly.

I know some of you guys have built them.

We had an old dolly sitting out back that is 20 inches wide by 8 feet long, I'm thinking I can make the backhoe dolly and the fel dolly out of this so it would be easier to position the things.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1559553859163956911250.jpg
    1559553859163956911250.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 201
   / Storing your backhoe #2  
I think you are making a mistake by asking for dimensions of someone else's dolly. The backhoes are different sizes and mount differently, so what works for me may not work for you. The storage size of my backhoe is about 14' x 3' with the stabilizers raised and weighs around 1500#. The dolly I'm making is only 2' x 10' so the backhoe will hang over it by a lot - so now it becomes a COG and balance issue. I've given a lot of thought to that and feel that I have a good handle on it and it will be safe to move around once it's all put together.

/ Storing your backhoe #3  
I had one that I made using two furniture moving dollies and some 2x4’s. Made attaching a lot easier but was a b to move on a cement floor that sand on it.
Make sure you match the wheels to the total weight of the the bh.

/ Storing your backhoe #4  
Now that I have moved into my new shop building, I finally got around to building a storage dolly for my backhoe. I just released a video of the build. While the dimensions for this dolly is specific to the Kubota BH77 backhoe, I show how to figure the dimensions for most any backhoe that attaches to a tractor subframe.

I built mine from wood but the same principles for coming up with the dimensions apply for a metal dolly as well. I hope it proves helpful!

/ Storing your backhoe #5  
Now that I have moved into my new shop building, I finally got around to building a storage dolly for my backhoe. I just released a video of the build. While the dimensions for this dolly is specific to the Kubota BH77 backhoe, I show how to figure the dimensions for most any backhoe that attaches to a tractor subframe.

I built mine from wood but the same principles for coming up with the dimensions apply for a metal dolly as well. I hope it proves helpful!

Thanks, gonna have to check that out later. I have a B2650 with B77 on the way.

/ Storing your backhoe #6  
I started making dollies with wheels for my attachments so I could move them around on cement floors. Then I had a brain cramp and decided to make pallets that the attachments would fit on and I bought a pallet jack from Harbor freight. Now all my attachments have their own pallet and the pallet jack is the wheels. This works so much better for me than the wheels attached to dollies. I bought a few wheels based on what the wheel said it would support, they were optimistic. I also have a rack system that I store some of the implements on. I can pick up the same pallet with my forks and put it on the rack. The only problem is, I should have thought of this a long time ago.

/ Storing your backhoe #7  
Ive been meaning to build one for my BH92. The problem i have removing my BH is the pins are very tight. No matter how i try to remove the weight to pull them, one has to be pounded out and in.

Nice video.

/ Storing your backhoe #9  
Now all my attachments have their own pallet and the pallet jack is the wheels.

I can pick up the same pallet with my forks and put it on the rack. The only problem is, I should have thought of this a long time ago.

Yeah, mine are on the ground right now since I don't have (and never will have) a smooth concrete floor for them. I figured pallets would be better in the long run, but just haven't gotten to that point yet. Still working on the shed and may yet do another small storage area for this stuff.

/ Storing your backhoe #10  
I found the veedeeoo very helpful to know where, and how high to build the dolly. Mines sitting on the floor now, wish i could move it.

Can the BH easily tip over? I would probably make it wider so wheels can be wider apart.

I also use pallets and pallet jack in barn, but not sure i want to move BH on a pallet.