Storm

/ Storm #1  

metalbender

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey 1742
It was a dark and stormy night. Sound familiar? Now 3:30 am our time. Predicted snow just started to come in around ten pm. Hit the sack, never thought any more of it. Woke up at 11:30 by the noise of the wind. It was a pure white out condition. Could just make out the barn with the yard light. Back to the sack, wondering if the power will fail. Two fourty-five, woke again, things were mighty dark, house starting to cool off. Pump shack temp dropping. Good thing it's not -30. Fire up the generator and here I am pecking at the keyboard. Four hrs till the gen needs fuel.

/ Storm #2  
Sounds like nasty storm and long day/night ahead of you...stay safe.

/ Storm #3  
Take a picture for us in the morning. :thumbsup:

/ Storm #4  
Good you have a generator. Sounds like a larger fuel tank might be nice. Be safe ............

/ Storm
Not much to take pics of, a few little drifts and some broken branches. Lost some cedar shingles off the barn. With the winds gusting to 60mph, most of the snow just kept going. My road is polished, hardly any snow on it. The generator I have is just a cheapo Champion 11.5 k start, 9.5 k run, ran from 3:30 till 8:00 our time without refuel. Need 220 v for the well and a little extra for the electric heat in the pump shack. Lots of areas down, ours was about a thousand sq miles.

/ Storm
Massive destruction of ice fishing shacks on local lakes. Still blowing tonight. Deer don稚 like it. E0FB0962-7155-40FE-8BDB-D7171B1ED5FE.jpeg02AB2E42-9E3F-4B0F-AC3A-E8169FF10CB4.jpeg

/ Storm #7  
Now that's strange. Wonder why your two pics did a 90 degree rotate when I clicked on them. Poor deer will be having a rough time of it. Little to no shelter & hard to get at any grass.

Rancher on property adjoining mine finally had to bring all his round bales into his storage shed. The elk were sheltering on the down wind side of each bale and would eat the dead center out of the bales. Sheltering = no problems. Eating out the center of the round bale = loss of feed & a real ***** to transport and feed.

/ Storm
Same rotation for me. Many times it's the other way, pics rotate to correct orientation when clicked. Not computer savy, DHAFC.

/ Storm #10  
When did you get your power back? We put in a propane fired gen set when we built our new house 2 years ago. One cold February storm it ran for 24 hours. Glad I didn't have to keep refilling the gas tank. Jon