Straight ditch at the neighbors

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #1  

Mousefield

Elite Member
Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
Tractor
Sold 2008 CK35 HST
Had the electrician out and he said he was at my neighbors to price an electrical service to a couple of out buildings for him. Mentioned the neighbor was going to hand dig over 100 ft of ditching 3 feet deep. Well I just had to go over there and offer to dig it with my backhoe. Went well and ended up being darn straight. Even got a beer out of him. :p Really enjoyed doing it, nice warm day and easy digging as it was sandy gravel and only one big rock. :)

Attachments

• DitchFGarden 001.jpg
    DitchFGarden 001.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 258
  • DitchFGarden 002.jpg
    DitchFGarden 002.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 230
  • DitchFGarden 027.jpg
    DitchFGarden 027.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 288
  • DitchFGarden 028.jpg
    DitchFGarden 028.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
   / Straight ditch at the neighbors #2  
Hey MouseField,

No better way to spend the day, than on your tractor AND helping out the neighbors!

Kudos to you for taking the action of going over and offering!

Carry on,
Phill

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #3  
You da Man!!! or is that You da Mouse! People like you make me proud. :thumbsup:

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #4  
Yeah, You were happy to do it, but probably not as happy as your neighbor was not have to do it by hand.:laughing:

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #5  
Speaking from experience, if you don't put that wire in conduit, you will be digging it out again in a few years, even if it it rated for underground use.
Use conduit and you can pull a new wire through if any problems occur.

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #6  
Thumbs up to you for offering etc. Mousefield...as they say..one hand washes the other. :)

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #7  
Nice job Mouse! Good neighbor too!

Gil Case, please say more? I buried a number of direct bury wires and didn't conduit any of them. What happened to you?

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #8  
Congrats on being a good neighbor.
Had the electrician out and he said he was at my neighbors to price an electrical service to a couple of out buildings for him. Mentioned the neighbor was going to hand dig over 100 ft of ditching 3 feet deep. Well I just had to go over there and offer to dig it with my backhoe. Went well and ended up being darn straight. Even got a beer out of him. :p
1*Really enjoyed doing it, nice warm day and easy digging as it was sandy gravel and only one big rock. :)
1*I know the feeling I spread 2 truck loads of horse manure on my neighbors garden the other day for him.

they best way to have good neighbors is be a good neighbor.

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #9  
I have 2 acers of trees that need to be cut and stumped...anyone, anyone:)
I'll supply the bevarages and burgers!!!
Just in case you don't want to do that I will need 4 acers leveled.
I am also going to need........:D

/ Straight ditch at the neighbors #10  
Great job.

I hope he lays everything he can think of in there before the back fill based on my past regrets. :)