Straightening out an OOPS !

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #21  
AlanB:

I have a friend who arches steel flatbed trailers and he uses a rosebud about 1-1/2" in diameter. He uses LPG and a cryogenic oxygen tank. The tank actually frosts while he is using it. I did fail to mention that in my first post. Most standard cylinders cannot deliver the cfm's of gas necessary to run a rosebud of any size. I don't think John even needs a rosebud, a regular oxy-acetylene torch would do the job.

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #22  
Hi

You can get a lot of heat from a #7 tip. I would like to see a pic of the oops. I love my oxy/acetylene I couldn't be without it I have too many oops myself.

Charlie

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #23  
Where do you live in sunbury I live over buy trevorton let me know I will streighten for you Kevin

/ Straightening out an OOPS !
Kevin . I really appreciate the kind offer ! It's one of the reasons TBN is my favorite place to visit . Most folks here are willing to help out people they've never met .
Now for the bad news /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I live in West Sunbury . It's in western Pa about 30 miles from the Ohio border .
apparently SUNBURY is very far to the east of me .
But like I said .... The spirit of your offer was very much apreciated !!!
Welcome to TBN . I hope to see you post more . And I hope you get as much enjoyment ,knowledge ,and entertainment from this site as I have . Again, Thanks , and welcome aboard ! John

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #25  
John, did you check out the local high school as I suggested? I'm sure they would do it for you for little or nothing. Or the local community college if there is one should have a welding shop that can do it. Of course, as stated already, a muffler shop will do it as well. John

John ( darn there seems to be a lot of us /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
I'm taking the plate up Monday to the local H.S.
I've also ordered a new plate . I'm sure that a spare is required for my ham fisted abilities !!!!!

John

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John ( darn there seems to be a lot of us ) )</font>
Well, you know, even the bathroom's named John! LOL, John

Well, you know, even the bathroom's named John! LOL, John )</font>

Im was going to make that very same comment /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
John

/ Straightening out an OOPS ! #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Im was going to make that very same comment
John )</font>
When I meet someone new, I often use that line and they ALWAYS remember my name the next time. John

Well Problem solved . The dealer has a Hyd. press . He can Re-modify my mistake . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've also ordered the end plate (s ) from him . They only come as as set ($75.00 ) . Kind of odd as they are interchangeable . But, I'm sure I'll find need for them /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John