Strange phenomena

/ Strange phenomena #11  
coon hunting is hunting racoons... hey golf, i bet the sound of her old mans shotgun racking one in the chamber would still give you goose bumps!!!....tgello

/ Strange phenomena #12  
<font color=blue>"Garry you freaked me out reading that !!!"</font color=blue>

Neil,

Believe me, you're not nearly as freaked out as we were! I've never been one to believe in spooks or all that hocus pocus nonsense. But I'm telling you, I've never been able to figure out what happened that night. There weren't even any tree branches or bushes close enough to the road to rub the car!

I will tell you this, though. To this day, I've never again driven down that road at night. I'll go down it during the day, but I'll go 20 miles out of my way to avoid it at night.

/ Strange phenomena #13  
<font color=blue>"...i bet the sound of her old mans shotgun racking one in the chamber would still give you goose bumps!!!"</font color=blue>

You know, I'd almost be glad to hear that sound if I knew for sure he had smacked the side of the car! I don't think it would give me goose bumps - maybe the sh_ _ s, yes, but not goose bumps! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Strange phenomena
Neil: As tegello told you earlier, coon hunting is the running of hounds after racoons. This is done at night as the racoons are mostly nocturnal. It used to be a big sport in the rural areas in days past, but has all but died out. There are still some coon clubs that meet once a month to run the dogs in our area. No connotation to racism was meant nor intended. It was just an old hunting sport I used to do with my father.

/ Strange phenomena #15  
Dozer

No offense was taken for sure.

Just looked strange to me. But trust me, I am sure a bit of "coon" hunting did go on over here when us whities first arrived.

Racoons - Are they the things with the big fluffy striped tail.

Did what's his name, crocket, wear one on his head??

Cheers

/ Strange phenomena
Okay Neil, give. Surely you or one of your mates has a story from the land of Oz. No free rides or "lurking". Surely on one of your walkabouts you have almost been eaten by a croc or mugged by a kangaroo. Lets hear your story on strange phenomena.

/ Strange phenomena
Yes, they wear a mask and have a striped tail. Davy crocket did wear a coon skin hat.

/ Strange phenomena #18  
This just happened and it was pretty weird. On friday I usually go up to the office at about 6am. Well I am up getting ready and about 5:45am my wife wakes and goes to head outside. Odd because usually she doesn't get up until about 6:30. I figure she's just getting an early start. Well she comes back in and asks if there's any way Candy, one of our broodmares, could have had her baby already. I said no and she said well she's bleeding from her ******. I said go check again. Then she comes back in the house very upset and says that the mare has had her baby and the babies buried in mud and something is wrong with the mare and she won't get up. Well to make a really long story short we end up loosing the mare as she tore her uterus and prolapsed her rectum having the baby. We save the baby but that's another story. Later I asked her how she knew that Candy was in trouble. She said she had a dream that the mare was having the baby and in the dream the horse told her to come save her baby and that she was in awful pain. I know she did because she just shot of out of bed and went straight to the foaling pasture. Pretty weird indeed but there's no way we would have saved that baby if even another hour went by.

/ Strange phenomena #19  
Richard

Nasty business indeed. But it is amazing how we can sometimes sense things like that.

So I am a bit confused, you saved bub but not mum is that correct?

Cheers

/ Strange phenomena
Two of our young neighbor boys were out playing when they ran into the house badly frightened. They claimed that a "monkey man" had ran across the road, jumped a creek and ran into the woods. It made the local paper, but I always thought it was a turkey hunter in a gillie suit. How ever a couple of months later two adults using night vision googles to hunt coyotes, saw this same creature. I personally know these two and they are not the type to make up stories and they told only a few people what they saw for fear of ridicule. I'm not sure if I believe it, guess I would like to see some spoor or other physical evidence, but something did frighten these people.