Straw Scaffolding?

/ Straw Scaffolding? #1  

patrick_g

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L-4610HSTC
This feller I met over to the TBN site siad they builided hoiuses with straw bales so I thought they'd be OK for a temporary scaffold. Maw sure wants them fancy fish scale shingles.

Pat

Attachments

• StrawScaffold.jpg
    StrawScaffold.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 610
   / Straw Scaffolding? #4  
HOPE ya don't fire up the furnace/woodstove with the bales against the chimney, might get a little warm at the top the scaffolding. -Ed

/ Straw Scaffolding? #5  
Anyone willing to work hard enough to stack bales that high, ought to be able to make enough money to buy some ladder jacks.

/ Straw Scaffolding? #6  
Hope they don't let the cows and goats out when they are up working on the scaffolding... might hurt one of the poor critters when they land on top of them!

/ Straw Scaffolding? #7  
patrick g,

OK, these are just too funny, where is the website you are finding these?? I've got to see more.

Patrick T

/ Straw Scaffolding?
Sorry but I didn't find these on a web site. It was just part of the constant stream of stuff sent to me by various friends. I have no clue where they came from.

I did think there was great value above and beyond their humor to serve as a good safety message. Something someone may remember when they are tempted to do some dumb Rube Goldberg unsafe thing.

Paddy, I tried to forward the email (containing all these and several more) to you but you are not accepting emails.

Maybe later I can post more.

Patrick

/ Straw Scaffolding? #9  
patrick g,

Some time back, someone had a link to a US navy safety site that had hundreds of wrecks and crazy safety violations. One I remember was a third world seen of a guy standing on a step ladder in a pool opperating an ele drill with a helper holding the cord up out of the water!! Another was a South of the border lad working on a truck, proped up at 45 deg by 2x4s!

I wish I could find that site again.

Patrick T

/ Straw Scaffolding? #10  
Hey I know that place ! It's in PA right? Not that far from me, and they had the whole side of the house stacked with straw. Actually still has a small piece of that fancy siding at the top to finish. That's been 4 or 5 years now!