Strength of swing joint on articulated tractors

/ Strength of swing joint on articulated tractors #1  

msjanket

Silver Member
Do the swing joints on the articulated tractors hold up well? I can see where the joint comes under severe stress at times over uneven land, ditches, stones, etc. Are there any caveats when using these tractors regarding the swing joint? Or, are they nearly indestructible?

/ Strength of swing joint on articulated tractors #2  
They are not "nearly indestructible". They are a common failure on the Versatile 150 &160 models. I don't know about the 256 or 276. When the bushings wear you would be advised to replace them ASAP.With worn bushings the steering knuckles that hold the bushing and spacer will wear quickly in normal use.I think daily greasing is the way to extend the useful service life of the bushings. The heads on the bolts that keeps it all together have a flat side that engages a stop to limit the articulation travel. These may need to be rebuilt over time as they wear. I am sure improvements have been made since my 30 year old unit was new.

/ Strength of swing joint on articulated tractors #3  
The Pasquali has improved over the years, but the originals were not bad if not abused. You do want to keep everything free. If parts are needed, I would be glad to order them in for you.

Tom
Home Page