Strong grapple (last question i promise!)

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #11  
We’re likely to end up in a another war here, but a wide single lid seems like the worst of both options. The advantage of single lid is lighter and cheaper. You just threw away both.

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #12  
Hello

Greetings from Estonia.
I also built a grapple myself.
Very good assistant on the farm.

TYM T433 HST - YouTube

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #13  
What, maybe 3' of material @ double the weight? I'd go 1/4".
It will also help with some torque loading when one point of the lid contacts first (or only) like grabbing a stump or rock. If there ever was a tool designed to abuse, beside's a sledge hammer, it's a grapple. It seems your brain & common sense "disengage" almost completely while operating a grapple, you & your machine acquire perceived "Herculean" strengths. :laughing:
I'm looking forward to your build :thumbsup:

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #15  
Can not say the weight, I use the counterweight behind bucket with rocks.
Of course it could be easier, but I used a 10mm plate just in case.
Fortunately, not bent jet.:)

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #16  
Hello

Greetings from Estonia.
I also built a grapple myself.
Very good assistant on the farm.

TYM T433 HST - YouTube

Excellent video. Excellent design and construction.
Grapple increases your productivity dramatically.
Grapple also makes a lazy man, very little manual labor involved for cleaning up projects like you demonstrated.

Welcome to TBN!!!! Thanks for the video!!!!

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #17  
Can not say the weight, I use the counterweight behind bucket with rocks.
Of course it could be easier, but I used a 10mm plate just in case.
Fortunately, not bent jet.:)

Watching your jaws clamp onto those rocks I didn't see any twisting or flexing at all. Very strong design!!!

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #18  
I built it mainly to push together and transport the branches and timber, but even the stones can be pushed out of the ground. The stones that you see in the video are pushed out of the deep ground.
This type of grapple really makes a person lazy :).

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #19  
I built it mainly to push together and transport the branches and timber, but even the stones can be pushed out of the ground. The stones that you see in the video are pushed out of the deep ground.
This type of grapple really makes a person lazy :).

Yes they will. I'll work a couple minutes trying to pick up something small that I could have easily done by hand. :)

/ Strong grapple (last question i promise!) #20  
3/16 should work for the plates. 1/4 for the lid tube, I would bump to 3/16 for other tube as well. You'll experience tear out before twisting. 1/8 is just too thin for rough work. I'm an Engineer and I know the software says it will be fine but experience says you won't be happy. I'd also do doubler plates where cylinder attaches to lid and frame. High stress concentration. Also cut 3/4"-1" holes through your tooth doubles so you can rosette weld them together.