Stuck in gear

/ Stuck in gear #21  
Your L3400DT has a 2 stage clutch, the HST models are single stage. The adjustment for the PTO clutch is behind the right side loader mount and is a pig to get at. You have to remove the mount to do it. I've checked mine a couple times.
I also had the stuck in gear problem, mine was a rusted and sticking clutch spline, dealer had to split the tractor to fix it, thankfully under warranty.

I have almost 600 hrs. on my L3400, so if adjusting the clutch behind the loader is such a pain, maybe I should wait till 800 hrs. or when I put it gear and it wont move. I don't mind doing NEEDED maintenance if after doing the maintenance the tractor shifts better. I assume that's the main reason to adjust the clutch to begin with. I sure would hate to make things worse.

/ Stuck in gear #22  
All that adjustment does is set the engagement point for the pto clutch, nothing to do with shifting.

Sean

/ Stuck in gear #23  
All that adjustment does is set the engagement point for the pto clutch, nothing to do with shifting.

I knew I read this somewhere on here, my shifter got stuck in gear again, in the woods last weekend, had to put vice grips on the shifting lever, a little hard to get at when it's cold, and warring gloves, but I learn one must be aware, if the l3400DT is on a little knoll, not to have your feet near the rear tire, because when I pried the shifting lever back the tractor roll back a little, if I had my foot there, might of had to yell ouch and speak in tongues. So if adjustment behind the loader wont help and is only for the PTO, I wont bother touching that, must be the linkage is getting sloppy and/or I might be trying to shift to fast. I know that when it got stuck in gear, I was coming out of high range, maybe I have to make sure I bring the shifting lever all the way back to the stop, then slide it over to the low side. I should wright down where all this info is so I can look it back up later, lot of good info on this foru

/ Stuck in gear #24  
Mine can be contrary to get out of high range if the engine isn't running. I try to either shift to neutral and set the brake or shift to low before stopping the engine if it's on a hill that will load the transmission gears. The only way I've found to get it out of gear if it sticks is to rock the tractor a bit.

Sean

/ Stuck in gear #25  
So we both have contrary transmissions, I put in 1-1/2 extra gal. in my trans., it helps a little on shifting in to gear with the clutch down. with out the extra fluid, I'd have to count to 30 before I could put it in gear when it's warmed up.
Also I put 5qts. of engine oil in the motor instead of 6 like the book says, 5qts. seams to bring it right to the dot on the dipstick when it's curled downward. The last time I put in 6qts., it smoked like a 200 hundred year old tractor, and barely could see where I was driving, so I drained a qt. back out.

/ Stuck in gear #26  
I also have experianced lockup Talked to factory tech rep,and he said something must be worn. Was unaware of any problems. Told him to look at this forum.
L3400,10 yrs old,450 hrs. Never use the PTO.

/ Stuck in gear #27  
When I bought my L3400 DT in (07) I assumed this transmission would last me headache free for 2 life times, well, I've been wrong before. I'd like to ask a Kubota tech rep. why cant you make standard a trans., so when I push the clutch in, I can put in gear with out doing a 10 sec. count first, 30 when I'm on incline, 60 sec. if I try to put it in reverse first, hasn't standard transmissions been around for a 100 plus years?, Then for a personal preference, I'd like a transmission that is the same speed in reverse as forward, or if anything, make reverse a little slower.

This transmission has lock up twice so far on me, now when I'm in high range, 1st gear, then I go down to 3 or 4th gear low range, I try to make a habit of bringing the shifting lever all the way back to the stop, then move it over to low range, seams to help with the tractor locking up in between gears.

/ Stuck in gear #28  
Now my 07 L3400 DT tractor has added one more head-ache, seams like now every other time I use it, it gets stuck IN gear instead of in-between gears. I have to pop the clutch a few times to get it to come out of gear, I'm sure it has something to do with the pressure plate and clutch, but at 600 hrs. how can those parts be wore out already? I wish I could get my money back from buying this tractor.

/ Stuck in gear #29  
Just a bump because it solved my problem with my M4700

My range gear shift lever got stuck with the tractor in forward low.

Luckily it was in my parking lot on front of my shops.

Gave up on trying to jam it, came back, did [ "stuck in gear" site:www.tractorbynet.com] google search,
found this thread. Went back to tractor, wiggled the lever underneath that's in the OP's pic. Fixed!!!

Attachments

• outside-shops.jpg
    outside-shops.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 150
   / Stuck in gear #30  
I only got my L3400 DT stuck in-between gears twice, the thing I was doing was trying to move the shifting lever high to low to fast, now when I'm in high, I try to make sure I bring the shifting lever all the way back to the stop then move the lever to low range.

The issues I have now is my shifting lever will get stuck (IN GEAR) quite often, low high and/or reverse, I can feel the tractor still trying to move when I have the clutch petal pushed all the way down, and to me and what little info I found about the problem, it sounds like the clutch or clutches is some how sticking to the pressure plate, and the question I have is WHY?
I have to push the brake petal and keep popping the clutch at the same time to free it up. I got to get it fixed sometime but not sure where to have it worked on. I might try fixing it myself if I can get some good clear pictures and instructions of what exactly has to come apart.