Stuck in the mud

/ Stuck in the mud #1  

Atchuuu

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 HSTC
Stuck in Mud.jpg

/ Stuck in the mud #2  
That’s pretty bad. What’s the plan for recovery? I believe if you were able to unhook the bush hog and drag it back you might push it out with the bucket and a little help from a pickup.

/ Stuck in the mud #3  
Looks like one of those just one more pass will do it or I think I can. ;)
Sooo tractor double the size or dozer get her out?

/ Stuck in the mud #4  
I was right there also - just a week ago. Fortunately it was with my riding lawn mower. Just one pass closer to the little pond - OOOPS. Pulled it out with my Jeep. No harm done - just a small set of tracks in the mud. My JD G100 has R4's - - now if it had R1's.................. The little mower would have probably really dug itself in and bottomed out on the mower deck.

/ Stuck in the mud
That’s pretty bad. What’s the plan for recovery? I believe if you were able to unhook the bush hog and drag it back you might push it out with the bucket and a little help from a pickup.
Thankfully I have a great neighbor with a large tractor/excavator. He has offered to help me this morning. Plan B was get a winch. Plan C was to call a tow truck.

Looks like one of those just one more pass will do it or I think I can. ;)
Sooo tractor double the size or dozer get her out?
Exactly what got me into this position. I backed into a the grass in multiple areas and had no trouble cutting the grass and the ground seemed firm. So I thought I could do one more pass to clean up the edges where I backed into.

Will have to look into the offset cutters or some other method of clearing around the pond. Previous owner let it grow up then burned it.

/ Stuck in the mud #6  
That is why I have two tractors. I have had to pull my Kubota out twice with my LS. I might have a problem is I get my LS stuck though.

/ Stuck in the mud #7  
That looks like the guy down at the junction. He has a spring in his field and every time he bush hogs it, he gets stuck. People are getting tired of helping to get him out.

If he would just put in drainage for the spring, he wouldn't get stuck anymore.

/ Stuck in the mud #8  
the ground seemed firm. So I thought I could do one more pass to clean up the edges where I backed into.

I can't even count how many times that thought process has gotten me in trouble!!!!! Good to hear I'm not the only one.

/ Stuck in the mud #9  
Now I don't feel so bad.

was cutting/clearing a small creek was not quit dry(on the CK4010) ..sigh.....:mad:

so the NX does NOT get fully backed into the creek to cut....will suck it up and walk it all down with a weed trimmer using a brush blade.....
well, guess better then vegging out on a recliner...

all the best getting her out.....looks like now she's a dirty girl....:D

/ Stuck in the mud #10  
When we were first here - 1982 - I would get my small Ford 1710 stuck quite often. A learning process. I would still have to call my neighbor a couple times a year to come over with his big rig and give me a tug. Fortunately - I learned the lesson. My M6040 @ 10,100 pounds would not be as much fun getting unstuck.

There simply are a couple places on my property where I can not take the tractor until things dry out - later in the summer.

Seems like the one good way to find - "WoW, there is NO bottom" - is with a tractor.