stuck parking brake?

/ stuck parking brake?
Thanks Wrench Guy! That is exactly what my eyes were telling me - the pawl has fallen below the pedal. I just could not grasp how it could happen. When I last set the brake I was thinking to myself maybe I was putting too much pressure on the brakes and pullingntoohard on that T handle.

I have been trying to post photos but I took them with my Xoom tablet and I cannot load them to this post or upload them to a photo site.

I will have the wife stomp down on the brake while I push up to get the pawl back above the brake pedal. I will report back.

Thanks again.

Brent

/ stuck parking brake?
Bingo! Operator error caused the problem - I was apparently too aggressive with brake and parking brake application. Exactly as Wrench Guy described. A bit of extra thigh pressure on the brakes and the pawl popped up and right back into place. Good as new.

Thank you all for the ideas and input. It feels so good to be able to take care of minor maintenance issues like this "by myself". I think it was Ringo Starr who sang it best, "I get by with a little help from my friends".

My fall project is wiring some spot lights onto my ROPS for moving snow this I winter. I'm sure I'll run into some issueson that one, so I will be back.

Brent

/ stuck parking brake? #13  
Bingo! Operator error caused the problem - I was apparently too aggressive with brake and parking brake application. Exactly as Wrench Guy described. A bit of extra thigh pressure on the brakes and the pawl popped up and right back into place. Good as new.

Thank you all for the ideas and input. It feels so good to be able to take care of minor maintenance issues like this "by myself". I think it was Ringo Starr who sang it best, "I get by with a little help from my friends".

My fall project is wiring some spot lights onto my ROPS for moving snow this I winter. I'm sure I'll run into some issueson that one, so I will be back.

Brent

Probably time to adjust the brake pedal freeplay. You really can't apply the brake "too hard"; you want the tractor to stay put.