Student Loan Debt?

/ Student Loan Debt? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Another thread had posts about Household Debt and mentioned many college grads are starting out with significant debt due to student loans.

There are ways around besides having the means to self fund or through family.

Tried and true are scholarships for all or part of expenses… 2 of my 4 nieces are attending now with merit scholarships.

Military Service can both retire existing or pay for future education expenses… I work with RNs through military service we’re able to avoid or reduce loan debt.

Another is by agreeing to practice in underserved areas which could be anywhere under United States jurisdiction.

Another is employer sponsored… several of our RN’s were able to advance from LVN to RN through employer programs on the job.

Then there are significant sign on or retention bonuses that can be applied to reduce household debt.

Having a degree in a sought after field opens many doors.

Here is just one example:

California system gave $100,000 bonuses to nurses for retention. Did it work?

/ Student Loan Debt? #2  
Gov___ment should not be involved in higher education-specifically student loans.
The relationship becomes too cozy and too open to corruption.

/ Student Loan Debt? #3  
Company I work for will pay for you to go to school and your schooling. Still a struggle to find people. Granted you will work on electrical and automation systems and you dont have a choice in that. And starting pay is only $100k a year. And you only work half the days of a year.

/ Student Loan Debt? #5  
Sadly I think it's a ploy to get the loans paid back quicker using government money

I'd imagine the politicians are going to be paid quite well for it

/ Student Loan Debt? #6  
According to the news, the Admin plan is to transfer the debt from those who took the loan to those who didn't.
That was the plan all along.

Last edited:
   / Student Loan Debt? #7  
I don't see a problem. Those that can't pay their student loan debts are sold off into slavery. Need someone to build those pyramid schemes.

/ Student Loan Debt? #8  
It doesn't even take a fancy job to get tuition benefits. Target and Walmart have programs available. The universities encourage loans, even for living expenses and computers and stuff, because they are not on the hook if the borrower defaults.