Stuff I Have Made

/ Stuff I Have Made #1  

Eddie P

Tractor
John Deere 4300 Hydro 4x4
I just wanted to share the stuff i have built after getting the ideas from this great site. All this was built at little or no cost. I work in construction and pick up the steel on the job site at no cost.

Thanks All, Keep The Ideas Coming.

Attachments

• Harrow 010.jpg
    Harrow 010.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 2,131
  • Drag 003.jpg
    Drag 003.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 2,038
  • Harrow 004.jpg
    Harrow 004.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 1,731
  • Harrow 012.jpg
    Harrow 012.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 1,697
  • Harrow 016.jpg
    Harrow 016.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,770
   / Stuff I Have Made #2  
Welcome to the site Eddie P and you do nice work
Jim
:)

/ Stuff I Have Made
Thanks You Sir. Its amazing the number of project ideas that can be found here.

/ Stuff I Have Made #4  
Eddie P, I like the drag. Is that 1 1/2 or 2" tubing attaching the 3-pt to the beam? What did you use for teeth, and what do you have mounted on the rear? Looks simple and effective.

/ Stuff I Have Made #5  
Yes Eddie, very nice work ... great in fact!
I like the concept of your harrow with what looks like a rotating roller in the back. Is that something similar on the back of your drag too? Can you explain what it does, how it works? Looks like the one for the drag could be a level gauge maybe?

With steel prices the way they are, it must be nice to have access to some scrap like you do.

/ Stuff I Have Made #6  
Very Nice!
Is that Woods loader self leveling? How easy is it to take off and put on?

/ Stuff I Have Made #7  
Eddie P:

Tell me about the forks. They are nice. What material did you use for them? Is it C-channel? Do you have more pics of them up-close?

/ Stuff I Have Made #8  
3rrl the one i made hasa roller. it is used to kinda pack down the soil after the rippers fluff it up

Attachments

• 100_3442 (Small).JPG
    100_3442 (Small).JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,116
   / Stuff I Have Made #9  
Excellent work! and welcome!
The multi-tube roller is indeed very intriguing.

Thanks for the pics.

/ Stuff I Have Made
Thanks Men, The tubing attaching the 3 point is 2''x2''x1/4'' the teeth are 2'' x 8'' cultivator teeth from Rural King placed on 4'' centers. The wheel on the rear of the harrow and drag is used to break up dirt clods. I built the harrow first and it did a great job maintaining the arena until it became packed from heavy rain. Thats when i built the drag, it does a good job breaking up the packed soil. The weight of the drag is about 800 LB. I tried it out on a packed crushed stone driveway and to my surprise it broke it up 4'' deep in one pass.

The forks were made from 4''x8''x3/8'' angle and 2''x2''x1/4'' tube i use them to move 5'x5' rolls of hay about 1000 lb and no problems. I will take some close up pictures this weekend when i get back home.

The woods FEL is not self leveling and i have never removed it but i have been very happy with the performance.