Stump Jumper

/ Stump Jumper #1  

Bird Dog

Tractor
2400 IH
I've purchased a 6' Rotary Mower. Replaced Bearings and oil seals in gear box. Once I had the Stump Jumper off the unit I noticed the stump jumper was not flat on the bottom. Were the blades bolt on the steel brace going across the stump jumper its flat, but has some contour bending upperward towards the mowing deck along each side of the steel brace that the blades attach and gear shaft goes through. Apparently the previous owner ran over something. Concern if I reassemble I may have vibration, Im not sure. Questions I have will I have vibration if the stump jumper is not flat? I've tried to strighten it but so far I havent had any sucess.

Thanks,

Bird Dog

/ Stump Jumper #2  
The stump jumpers I've seen are dish shaped with the blades attaching at the bottom of the dish. The shape helps the stump jumper to ride up and over things like stumps.

/ Stump Jumper #3  
As long as the stump jumper isn't missing a chunk out of it, it should be in balance even if it is bent. But as opti said, they usually are dish shaped.
If still concerned, a pic would help.

/ Stump Jumper
Thanks for the input. I have a pic but not Tech savy on how to paste it on this forum. Can you provide me an e-mail address to send it to you.

Bird Dog.

/ Stump Jumper #5  
As long as the stump jumper runs true without wobble it is ok.

/ Stump Jumper #6  
Doubt you'd have much vibration from that, since it's close to the shaft. More likely if the blades are bent or different lengths. I'd just reassemble and try it, esp. at this time of year when you don't need it right off.
Jim

/ Stump Jumper
Appreicate everyones help. no gouges in the stump jumper. I'll reassemble and see if it truns with out wobble.

Thanks again for the quick responce.

Bird Dog. :)