Stump puller

/ Stump puller #51  
wedge40 said:
Couldn't you just get PHD and use a 9" auger with teeth to accomplish the same thing.

Wedge

That would probably work too, but the devil is in the details.

The right screw point to hold it in the stump, and the right tooth configuration to grind it could possibly work pretty well. It may take considerable operator skill to keep it lined up.

/ Stump puller #52  
I really wonder if something like my treegetter might be easier, cheaper, & work faster. If your stumps are spaced out, where you only want to connect to one at a time, your implement could have only one V in it & be very simple to build. My tractor weighs only about 3500 lbs & we hang maybe an extra 1000 lb on the rear & it is amazing what it will pull. The link shows pulling trees, but we normally connect near ground level or just below. No hydraulics needed other than the lift & tilt of the loader. The closer it is to the tractor, the more lift and if designed right, the tilt can act as a leveraged pry bar against the ground. Also you can dig down to connect with more roots.

I presume your machine has hydrastatic drive. This helps a lot. We have seen times, on a hard to pull tree, we would rock back & forth with the rear wheels in the air, till the tree came loose.

here is a link to that thread.

So, when are you going into production on that thing? You got me drooling and wishing I could make my own. :thumbsup: