Buying Advice sub compact or compact tractor?

/ sub compact or compact tractor? #71  
I just took a look at the Kioti CS2410 on the web. It looks like a good unit. My only reservation is the post hole digging. But I'm not saying it wont do it, I just dont know that it will.

My only concern with that would be the lift height of the 3pt ... I drilled a bunch of holes with my CK20, and it did a good job power wise (though I almost buried it a few times). HP is comparable between that and the CS2410 but I'm assuming the 3pt lift height was higher.

/ sub compact or compact tractor?
If I decide to go SCUT I will make sure the dealer shows me how to hook up the post hole digger and box blade and that it will work satisfactorily for me before I would ever sign the papers. It would be great if it works but if it doesn't I'm not wasting my money.

/ sub compact or compact tractor? #73  
I am planning on having them drop a cs2410 off for me sometime in the summer to try it out at my house with my soil and me running it. If a larger tractor is what I need then I am willing to wait but if the smaller tractor will do it and still last with minimal problems then obviously I want one sooner then later :)

As for the pond I'm not thinking big just maybe as I need dirt for this and that, take out a scoop and eventually there will be a pond. Also for digging I was thinking to break the soil up with the box blade first then scoop out the dirt? maybe a bit time consuming but easier on the tractor?

Why don't you rent a machine for the pond?

My only concern with that would be the lift height of the 3pt ... I drilled a bunch of holes with my CK20, and it did a good job power wise (though I almost buried it a few times). HP is comparable between that and the CS2410 but I'm assuming the 3pt lift height was higher.

I think the CS2410 has a limited cat 1 hitch. If he gets a PHD for a SCUT he should be fine.