Sub compact tractors, new to me

/ Sub compact tractors, new to me #11  
A neighbor just bought a brand new (35HP?) Boomer, with beaucoup attachments and he absolutely hates it.

Sorry to hear about the boomer. I have an older Boomer, 40 Hp (TC40DA) bought in 2005. It has given me hours of service and no problems at all. But then a friend has a 25 Hp Boomer that has been a problem with frame cracks, etc. Seems that smaller may mean less heavy components and more problems?

That said, I think the following are good items to consider for whatever brand you buy.

If you are going to do a lot of loader work, a hydrostatic transmission is great and well worth the extra cost.
If you think you need 30 Hp, then look at 35 Hp. No one ever complains they have too much power.
If you think you will use it very often, consider ergonomics. Comfortable seating, easy control use and reach, etc. You need to enjoy using it.
Put a grapple on your front bucket to get the full use of a loader. You expand its capabilities ten fold.
Consider a loader that uses the Bobcat quick-attach system. Being able to use any Bobcat accessory is great and opens you to a lot of easy to find items, like different buckets (with and w/o teeth, forks, bake spears, etc.)
Noise - you don't want a loud tractor. Makes you tired during along day.
Get one that will let you widen the wheels - and widen them when you get it. Wider makes that pucker factor go away and makes you a lot safer.
Easy access to filters. you don't want a tractor that is a hassle to work on those important items.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Lots to think about.

/ Sub compact tractors, new to me #12  
After looking and looking I bought a Kioti CK2510H with FEL, BH and box blade. Put 30 hours on it the first five days. It's a little workhouse! Very comfortable. I've had some serious dirt moving to do and it's done it well. When the dirt got a bit much I used the BH to loosen it up. Yes, I would like a 40 HP or more but I had a strict budget and this fit the bill.