Subaru engine

/ Subaru engine #11  
<font color="blue"> The flat 4 is called a Boxster engine </font>
It's a boxer engine. A Boxster is a Porsche model.

/ Subaru engine #12  
<font color="blue"> The flat 4 is called a Boxster engine </font>
It's a boxer engine. A Boxster is a Porsche model.

/ Subaru engine #13  
Another great Subaru forum is (USMB) http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/

Lot's of great help. But if his rad was indeed clogged and the engine overheated then it's very likely that the heads did warp and he's pretty much done. I would look for a good used or rebuilt engine. There is a place in Colorado that deals with used/rebuilt Subaru engines. You can find them at USMB.

/ Subaru engine #14  
Another great Subaru forum is (USMB) http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/

Lot's of great help. But if his rad was indeed clogged and the engine overheated then it's very likely that the heads did warp and he's pretty much done. I would look for a good used or rebuilt engine. There is a place in Colorado that deals with used/rebuilt Subaru engines. You can find them at USMB.

/ Subaru engine
I'm not sure of the year, but this one has 122k on it. Runs like a top, even with a warped head. It had coolant in it, so we fired it up long enough to load and unload from the trailer.

This is another justification for a trailer too /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif My flatbed has hauled various CUT's, smaller skidsteers, small pickups and cars, motorcycles, pipe, lumber, retaining wall block, Cub Scout parade floats, the list just continues to grow /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Subaru engine
I'm not sure of the year, but this one has 122k on it. Runs like a top, even with a warped head. It had coolant in it, so we fired it up long enough to load and unload from the trailer.

This is another justification for a trailer too /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif My flatbed has hauled various CUT's, smaller skidsteers, small pickups and cars, motorcycles, pipe, lumber, retaining wall block, Cub Scout parade floats, the list just continues to grow /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Subaru engine #17  
I find it funny that people are not aware after all these years that Subaru is a flat engine in both four and six cylinders--lol---just teasing.

I am not a big Sub fan. We bought a 1980 4WD 1600cc wagon, it was our first car as a couple. It never really lived up to expectations and over heated the moment the a/c was engaged. We had it throw a rod at 60,000 miles.

Recently I drove the WRX, wow, it is a really fast and really capable machine--holy cow.

Still, I will stick with Toyotas and the occasional Ford.

Interesting that there are a number of Subaru aircraft engine conversions, I have seen them in airboats and such.

Subaru is Japanese for Pleides, the star field that some confuse with the Little Dipper.

Oh, howdy folks, hope you are all doing just fine. J

/ Subaru engine #18  
I find it funny that people are not aware after all these years that Subaru is a flat engine in both four and six cylinders--lol---just teasing.

I am not a big Sub fan. We bought a 1980 4WD 1600cc wagon, it was our first car as a couple. It never really lived up to expectations and over heated the moment the a/c was engaged. We had it throw a rod at 60,000 miles.

Recently I drove the WRX, wow, it is a really fast and really capable machine--holy cow.

Still, I will stick with Toyotas and the occasional Ford.

Interesting that there are a number of Subaru aircraft engine conversions, I have seen them in airboats and such.

Subaru is Japanese for Pleides, the star field that some confuse with the Little Dipper.

Oh, howdy folks, hope you are all doing just fine. J

/ Subaru engine #19  
<font color="blue"> Oh, howdy folks, hope you are all doing just fine. J </font>
Long time, no post. Good to see you! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Subaru engine #20  
<font color="blue"> Oh, howdy folks, hope you are all doing just fine. J </font>
Long time, no post. Good to see you! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif