Subsoiler

/ Subsoiler #21  
Yeah. Parts of our county are clay. Our side of the county is sand, sand and more sand. That, and sandy loam. Some of the richest farm soils in the country. :thumbsup:

MR,

Sometimes I hate you a little bit (crud - where'd the smilies go?). I mean, really - sand, sand, and sandy loam? Around here, we've got clay, rocks, and rocky clay.

Which of the Seven Deadly Sins was Envy?

/ Subsoiler #22  
MR,

Sometimes I hate you a little bit (crud - where'd the smilies go?). I mean, really - sand, sand, and sandy loam? Around here, we've got clay, rocks, and rocky clay.

Which of the Seven Deadly Sins was Envy?

Hahaha! Just to make you feel better, we also own 20 acres a few miles away. The area is called Ginger Hill for the ginger sand that the wagons would sink in while trying to skirt the Grand Kankakee Marsh. Our 20 acres has about 15 acres of sand of varying slopes, 4.5 acres of adrian muck and about 0.5 acres of fox soil, which is 10-20 feet thick gravel topped by a couple feet of sand. The state told us where we could put the driveway and it was exactly where the gravel pocket was. I used that gravel to make a 400' road into the property about 20 years ago.

Here's the part you will like. Last week I attempted to use a hand post hole digger to put in some new gate posts... in the gravel pocket... after 4 hours of running a chainsaw... Ouch! My arms hurt for 3 days! :laughing: