Substitute for JDM J20D Transaxle/Hydraulic oil?

/ Substitute for JDM J20D Transaxle/Hydraulic oil? #21  
My :2cents: I'd stick with the JD HyGard. It's not changed that often and you know what is in the tractor is the right stuff.

/ Substitute for JDM J20D Transaxle/Hydraulic oil? #22  
I have found over the years that our local JD dealer is cheaper on filters. For comparison, the hydraulic filter on my 4200 Hyd is around 60 dollars at Oreillys for a wix brand, around 30 at the JD dealer. I would rather have the Deere branded filters any day! Also your suction screen should be metal and you can clean in solvent. We always use diesel on the farm and blow dry it with compressed air. You will also need the gasket or o-ring for the housing your screen is in. Not sure what a 790 has. Also John Deere has a filter sale every spring, good time to get the ones you need for the year. LUTT

/ Substitute for JDM J20D Transaxle/Hydraulic oil? #23  
I have found over the years that our local JD dealer is cheaper on filters. For comparison, the hydraulic filter on my 4200 Hyd is around 60 dollars at Oreillys for a wix brand, around 30 at the JD dealer. I would rather have the Deere branded filters any day! Also deere has a filter sale every spring, so a guy could stock up then. LUTT

/ Substitute for JDM J20D Transaxle/Hydraulic oil? #24  
Sorry, didn't read all of your post above! LUTT

/ Substitute for JDM J20D Transaxle/Hydraulic oil? #25  
I'll probably stick with the JD stuff. I was at the JD dealership on Thursday and they priced out a suction screen at $37. I cleaned mine with kerosene and then rinsed it off with water and blew it dry with compressed air. A second screen would just make this step much faster.

/ Substitute for JDM J20D Transaxle/Hydraulic oil? #26  
NAPA in my area sells 5 gal pails of coastal synthetic for $75 that lists J20D.