Traction Substitute for Suitcase Weights

/ Substitute for Suitcase Weights #11  
Have any lifting weights laying around?? This is what I did on my old 3203. 1" shaft thru some tabs welded on the brushguard and a couple bearing lock collars to hold it there, tucked up nicely to let the loader still clear them.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    857.9 KB · Views: 481
   / Substitute for Suitcase Weights #12  
5g buckets foull of concret have worked for me.. or you can custom cast yer own concrete hanger weights using some fence wire, and bolts,a nd easy to make concrete forms ( old drums or buckets or pans, styrofoam.. etc.. etc..

i made some for the front of my 4600 ford. once cast and cured.. a lil black paint made em look almost like cast iron weights from a few feet away. cost was super cheap.. just some scrap wire and bolts for mounting, and bags of 'crete.

used old big feed pan as a form, and some cooking pan coating as a release agent..

soundguy

Cheap, Easy but Practical !!!

Good Job Mr. !!!

/ Substitute for Suitcase Weights
Thanks for all the input. I've got a lot more options than I thought! I talked to my dad about this today. He told me they've got some scrap railroad track laying around where he works in 1 foot sections. We're gonna take a look at it and see what we can come up with.

/ Substitute for Suitcase Weights #14  
   / Substitute for Suitcase Weights
I got something to add weight to my front end. My dad got me this piece of scrap railroad track and cut some holes to bolt it on.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120326_154844.png
    ForumRunner_20120326_154844.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 361
  • ForumRunner_20120326_154900.png
    ForumRunner_20120326_154900.png
    367.1 KB · Views: 485
   / Substitute for Suitcase Weights #17  
that piece or rr iron would be great to use as a hanger for other weights too. good profile on it. lots of options

/ Substitute for Suitcase Weights #19  
neat. I cast my own as well. can't beat the price!

/ Substitute for Suitcase Weights #20  
neat. I cast my own as well. can't beat the price!

Yah, CHEAP and Easy, LOL

I saw yours Soundguy, although mine doesn't look like PACMAN :( which I think it's cool... :thumbsup:

Maybe you can make some more and name it PacMan Weights and sell them :)

and for some folks... PACRAT's Weight, LMAO

:D:D:D