Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project

/ Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project #1  

kude

Gold Member
I sat down with a Morton sales rep and he showed the design for the building I and my brother had requested. It's 48 x 120. It will be fully insulated on foundations and concrete slab.

The floors will use radiant heat. Hope we can afford to build it.

Anyways here are the drawings:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 950
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 552
   / Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project #2  
I hope you can afford it, too. That shop is the size of some city building lots. What are you planning to put in there? What does your lot look like?

/ Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project #5  
Good sized shop. How many yards of concrete are you going to need?

Eddie

/ Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project #6  
Thanks for the pics

/ Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project #7  
I can only dream of something like this...:drool: Wish I have bigger property like yours...

/ Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project #8  
Wow...That's one heck of a shop!!! :thumbsup: :confused2:

/ Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project #9  
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

Five more feet in either direction and you could call it a country.

I'm planning a 35 x 45 using poured concrete and insulated concrete forms (ICF). It will be two story with one bay open to the top and the other bay with a second floor. Having it professionally engineered to withstand 300 MPH wind. I saw the tornado damage up north last spring (I live in Florida) and I expect a few gusts this hurricane season. Mine will also be flat roofed with a 4 foot parapet around it so I can mount solar cells and maybe a telescope up there.

Good luck with yours.

/ Suburban Garage Shop Storage Building Project
I hope you can afford it, too. That shop is the size of some city building lots. What are you planning to put in there? What does your lot look like?

I am one of those farms surrounded by suburbia, and then annexed into town. There are a few acres in my farmyard for this shed. I have the John Deere equipment to store, and have an office. My brother wantrs 48x60 storage for his stuff. My old garage in the center of the picture is in pretty bad shape.

Attachments

• Farm lot.jpg
    Farm lot.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 388