Suction Screen on Mahindra

/ Suction Screen on Mahindra #1  

thatsucks

Tractor
mahindra
The dealer told me that I need to clean the suction screen on my Hyd/Trans when I change the fluid. Problem is I cant find it and my manual does not mention anything about it. Does anyone know where the is? I have a 6110

/ Suction Screen on Mahindra #2  
I don't know if your 6110 is like my 4110 but on mine it is at the bottom of the rear trans housing on the "driver's" side (left side looking forward). It is a cylindrical metal screen attached to a round metal head that has a slight offset and one bolt hole thru it. On the exterior you will be looking for the one bolt to remove it and then gently prying/twisting it out - it has an "O" ring to seal it and this is what gives you the resistance when removing it. In most cases you can re-use the "O" ring just fine. Just look along the sides of the main trans case at the lowest areas. You can clean the screen with any kind of solvent and blow it all off good with compressed air. Lube the "O" ring with some grease or hydraulic oil before reinstalling.

/ Suction Screen on Mahindra #3  
Ditto SkipMarcy's post.... On my 5035 HST, it is on the right side of the big trans/rear end case held in place by four bolts. There may be a big hyd line [ suck'n the mesh strained fluid out of the sump ] coming from it, too. If you never have had it out before, you will probably find lots of weird filings and the mesh will be coated with a grey scum... from the breaking in of all the gear surfaces... Make sure you notice this fine grey stuff and clean the screen religiously. Also, look around for more drain plugs than the manual tells you to remove. They all have magnets that you should clean before filling it back up. On the 5035, they were all 1/2" NPT plugs with square heads. I painted mine all red so I would find them easier next time.