Suggestions for clearing 30 acres of small trees.

/ Suggestions for clearing 30 acres of small trees. #11  
Get some quotes from people who own tracked equipment and then plan from there.:D :D

You'd want the brush cleared and windrowed, the ground gone over with a root rake and then finally have it all disked up with a proper size disk.:D

After this you can work the land and spend some time reducing the windrows to firewood.:D

/ Suggestions for clearing 30 acres of small trees.
Erik_in_Hoyt said:
good operators will give suggestions for maintaining grade so you don't get bad runoff erosion, suggest trees to keep, etc...

then invest in a good chainsaw and plan on cutting up the piles he leaves afterwards. (again around here) hardwood firewood sells for anything from $75 a pickup load to $150 a cord.
If you don't already have one, I recommend Stihl or Husquevaerna, because they're common enough parts and repairs are relatively inexpensive.
good luck!

I cut a ton of firewood every year on my farm. I already own a Stihl 361 so I got that covered. My father is still a die hard "Homelite" chainsaw guy. He doesn't like to spend big bucks for a saw. But he has gone through 3 of them in the past 10 years or so. of course, he is set in his ways and you can't tell him anything.

Last edited:
   / Suggestions for clearing 30 acres of small trees. #13  
;)
I understand - my dad is a McCullough fan and has had more than one dead upon opening the box. my Stihl 039 isn't as pretty, but it was 25 or 30 years old when I picked it up at auction years back and still works fine!