Suggestions for pole boom?

/ Suggestions for pole boom? #31  
Inspector507,
Ringo Hill Farms also has a round boom pole for about $70 which has a 1000 lbs capacity. I figured for about $50 more I'd go for the square boom pole with 2400 lbs capacity. I probably will never try to lift anything more than 800 lbs with it but it sure is built tough, so that can't hurt.
Pokbill

/ Suggestions for pole boom?
<font color=blue>...Mike, I've looked at those at TSC and they're rated for 1000 pounds, so I guess so, but to tell the truth, the ones I looked at appeared sorta flimsy. Now that's going by looks only so maybe it's stronger than it looked. </font color=blue>

If anyone cares, I got the one from Agri Supply a day earlier than they promised it, and it's very rugged looking with square tubing and a 2000 lb. rating. Welds look good, etc. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'm betting I can't break it. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif The name on it is "Kodiak."

/ Suggestions for pole boom? #33  
Bob:

Now what's the next purchase so you unload it from the truck?

Egon

Hi Egon,

<font color=blue>Now what's the next purchase so you unload it from the truck?</font color=blue>

I told my wife I needed to order another boom pole, so I could use it to get the first boom pole into the garage. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Actually, the first thing will probably be to rent a landscape rake, and then a chipper/shredder of some kind.

Let's see, if I get stuck I can hook a chain from the boom pole to my drawbar, and lift myself right out of the mud. Handy device! Unlimited uses! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bob

/ Suggestions for pole boom? #35  
Hi Bob...

I'm interested in overall cost for the unit... also how much was the shipping...?

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

Hi John,

<font color=blue>I'm interested in overall cost for the unit... also how much was the shipping...?</font color=blue>

About $130 for the boom.. but the shipping killed it.. it was just shy of $200 with the shipping.

I probably could have done better, but I've got a good one (I think) and I needed it asap. Such is life. I'll economize somewhere else.

Bob