Comparison Suggestions or imput.

/ Suggestions or imput. #1  

rjsharp

Tractor
Kubota L3200
Hello friends:
I am very seriously looking to buy a 4-wheel drive FEL tractor. I have, since 2001 owned a Yanmar YM 2000. I went yesterday to look at some tractors, I live in N. Ga., there is a dealer in Rome, Ga., which is about 30-35 mins. south from me. I looked at Iseke 30 hp. with V2A FEL. the price is $9,000. I know nothing about these machines. I have asked questions about my trusty Yanny on this forum, and quite frankly have gotten, good, sound and reliable information. So I putting my feelers out there and see what info I can get back. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and look forward from your replies. Thanks and take care!

/ Suggestions or imput. #2  
Hello friends:
I am very seriously looking to buy a 4-wheel drive FEL tractor. I have, since 2001 owned a Yanmar YM 2000. I went yesterday to look at some tractors, I live in N. Ga., there is a dealer in Rome, Ga., which is about 30-35 mins. south from me. I looked at Iseke 30 hp. with V2A FEL. the price is $9,000. I know nothing about these machines. I have asked questions about my trusty Yanny on this forum, and quite frankly have gotten, good, sound and reliable information. So I putting my feelers out there and see what info I can get back. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and look forward from your replies. Thanks and take care!

Hi,

Iseki's are every bit as good as a Yanmar and they are made in Japan, and share many similar designs, and even some parts. My 33 year old Iseki is on stoppable, and I just replaced the clutch after 33 years. I know a few people Jo have them in the area, and a great group of people on here worldwide, and they all love their tractors. They are built like tanks, and made to last. From the sounds of the tractor, it is most likely a refurbished grey market iseki originally used in Japan, and the loader is from Vietnam. The tractors are great, and I would check it out well, and make sue that it is in good mechanical condition, and check the fluids. The loaders can be good, and I have heard both positive, and negative about them, but I'm sure that happens with a lot of brands. They are not a Koyker Loader, but they do work well for most people. What model tractor is it? That will help give us an idea of the year and parts availability. I would buy a 30hp Iseki I. A second of it was in good shape, and that's not because I own one. They are incredibly well made, durable tractors, and that's hard to find with anything nowadays!

/ Suggestions or imput.
Thank you for your response. It is very good to know about these tractors. From the looks of this tractor it is well made, very sturdy tractor. I wanted to look at the Mitsubitsi tractors, but he had this one on the lot. So I started it, ran the FEL, checked the shifter, clutch, 3 point hitch was kinda slow, the guy said it was still cold, which is confusing to me, the FEL worked well, so the 3 pt. hitch should have worked well since it is all ran by same hydraulics, I have concerns of this. I will sleep on this, and do some thinking about what to do. Take care & thanks for your input!

/ Suggestions or imput. #4  
If you like a tractor and you feel it meets your requirements I'd say go for it whether it's Iseki, Satoh, Mitsubishi, Yanmar, Suzue, Kubota, etc. What seems more significant is what type of drive you prefer (hydro vs. gear), possibly number of engine cylinders, 4wd vs. 2wd, things like that. I never heard of Iseki before I went looking for a tractor but it met my requirements of basically being something small, 4wd that can pull a small trailer, affordable, and can cut grass. I suppose I could have gotten away with a four-wheeler and a pull behind mower but the tractor was a little more suited to what I wanted to do and ended up being a better fit for me.

/ Suggestions or imput. #5  
Iseki's are great tractors. My concern is where it is from. The loader tells us it is a Viet "reconditioned" tractor. They buy the parts tractors paint them & fix them enough to sell them. They usually come with a warranty. Some of my biggest parts orders have come from these "reconditioned" tractors. If you have any doubts I'd shy away from it. I'd rather buy a good used model in its work clothes than "reconditioned" model.

/ Suggestions or imput. #6  
Or you could find a nice used Massey compact ... they are Iseki built for-and-imported-by Massey/AGCO. For example, my 1648 is an Iseki TG5470.