suitcase tractor weights

/ suitcase tractor weights #11  
yep.. here are some fronts I casted for my 4600 ford

used an old feed pan, fence brace heavy gauge wire.. and long carriage bolts I bent to shape..

I used leftover sakcreet ( like quikcreete ) from a project I had worked on setting some posts.. turned out awesome once I put black paint on them.

I had a very heavy mower on the rear of the 4600, and I have a deckover trailer with a steep dovetail.. befor ethe weights, sometimes the front came up a lil while loading!

Attachments

• a38136.jpg
    a38136.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 654
  • a38356.jpg
    a38356.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 556
  • a38357.jpg
    a38357.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 533
  • a38358.jpg
    a38358.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 696
  • a38359.jpg
    a38359.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 690
   / suitcase tractor weights #12  
Those came out great! Thanks so much for the photo and the idea! I am going to try to reproduce these for my tractor, to add some additional weight. I am impressed how the final outcome is once they are mounted and painted. Nice tractor too.. Thanks again!

Mitch

/ suitcase tractor weights #13  
yep.. that 4600 is a great machine.

i used the pan and some duct tape and styrofoam to make the forms.. spray pan / pam.. add wire and bolts.. poked bolt thru styrofoam to hold in place.. pour.. let set.. pop out weigth and foam.. pull foam off bolt reset foam and go.

do wrap bolt threads with tape to keep 'creete' from traveling up them..

after cured.. hit em with some black paint.. almost looks like cast iron.. but at 1/20th the price .. and still significant weight..

/ suitcase tractor weights #15  
Thanks again for the plans, the photos, and the idea. I am going to get started on attempting to make some new concrete weights this week. I have a few bags of quickrete left over from a fencing project. I had to use one today to put in a set of stocks for my wife, but I still have two bags, so I going to steel an old feed dish from the barn, and try this out! I will let you know hw it comes out. Thanks again, that really was a great idea!

Mitch

/ suitcase tractor weights #16  
I have a few bags of quickrete left over from a fencing project. I had to use one today to put in a set of stocks for my wife

Not minding again? :D

stocks_punishment_3.jpg

/ suitcase tractor weights #17  
Lol, that pretty funny, sometimes I wish:) For horse breeding, but since I am from New England, and we make stockades popular in the colonies a few hundred years ago, hey, why not..

/ suitcase tractor weights #18  
good way to make a head catch.. :)

/ suitcase tractor weights #19  
Anyone use automotive brake rotors ? They stack close, weigh alot, and easily be added or removed. A couple verticle stacks can be very helpful as well as a row in the front. Best of all most places throw them in the dumpster so they could be bought very cheap.

/ suitcase tractor weights #20  
i thought about it last week when i replaced the ones on my f350.just didn't grab em in time!

i think the'd be great.