Suitcase Weights for a BX

/ Suitcase Weights for a BX #21  
I wonder how much off retail the will do? I guess I will have to call the dealer and see. I can get these at Lowes but they are 12lbs lighter. I am going to make my own bracket so I can use the grill guard.

I'm going to do the same thing, fab a bracket to fit the grill guard.
My guess on a discount would be 10%

Last edited:
   / Suitcase Weights for a BX
I'm going to do the same thing, fab a braket to fit the grill guard.
My guess on a discount would be 10%

I never did call the dealer yet to see what they were.

I went to the dealer yesterday. The salesman was out. He called me back today. The weights are $71 plus a little bit for shipping he said. He is checking to see how may he has.

I just got some weights from Lowes

42lbs for $53 tax included. So $126 per lb.

Vs Kubota weights

55lbs for $71 ?? tax. So $1.29 per lb.

How thick are the weights from Lowes? I am trying to figure how many I could put on my tractor.

I got 5 suitcase 55lb weights today for $61 a piece they are not Kubota weights but they are similar. That would be $1.10 a lb. The dealer also sold me a used weight bracket off of a L series for $25 that I am going to modify to work with the grill guard.

20130209_204436_zpsfc084298.jpg

20130209_204425_zps03651bb6.jpg

/ Suitcase Weights for a BX #26  
4shorts--I'm still surprised all that weight on the front of your zamboni tractor doesn't twist the front weight bracket like a pretzel or tear the frame? It seems it would if you hit a bad bump. Surely you must know it will work but is the archimedes thing suspended in NF?

Also, your front end weight seem to say 55 "lbs" each--and you're in Canada-- but mine here in the US are marked with "kg". Another mystery.

/ Suitcase Weights for a BX #27  
4shorts--I'm still surprised all that weight on the front of your zamboni tractor doesn't twist the front weight bracket like a pretzel or tear the frame? It seems it would if you hit a bad bump. Surely you must know it will work but is the archimedes thing suspended in NF?

Also, your front end weight seem to say 55 "lbs" each--and you're in Canada-- but mine here in the US are marked with "kg". Another mystery.

Well my friend you'll have to remain surprised I guess. When I modified the front wheel weight bracket the material I used was 1/4 steel plate and the way its done it could handle twice that weight if there was room enough to hng them.

They are all maked in lbs. can't tell you why. There were four tractors that I picked that BX from. Two of them were "B" series machines and the other two were "BX" series units. They were all used at an air port to pull luggage out to planes and also to pull planes out of there hangers.

One BX2200 I bought for a friend of mine and we restored it, put a mid mower and a front mounted blower on it while the BX1800 ended up as the ice resurfacer. It's been two years now since completion. Works great. It travels about two miles (Rough Road) to travel to our shop for servicing and the only part that's been replaced has been a starter. What more can I say.

/ Suitcase Weights for a BX #28  
4shorts--would you happen to have a photo of your front weight bracket without the weights on it or maybe even during fabrication? I really like the way you did it and would like to make something similar. Congrats on it because it's really a great looking front weight arrangement.

/ Suitcase Weights for a BX #29  
How thick are the weights from Lowes? I am trying to figure how many I could put on my tractor.

Sorry for the delay, havent been on the site for a while.. The weights are 2.5" wide....