suitcase weights

/ suitcase weights #1  

lancem

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM2000
I have been looking high and low for some new or used suitcase weights. I found a lot of them but the shipping cost was was very high. I finally found some at the Home Depot with FREE shipping! They are 42lb John Deere weights and fit perfectly on the front of my YM2000. I don't know how long free shipping will last, so you might want to jump on it.Rear Suitcase Weight-BG20029 at The Home Depot

/ suitcase weights #2  
I have been looking high and low for some new or used suitcase weights. I found a lot of them but the shipping cost was was very high. I finally found some at the Home Depot with FREE shipping! They are 42lb John Deere weights and fit perfectly on the front of my YM2000. I don't know how long free shipping will last, so you might want to jump on it.Rear Suitcase Weight-BG20029 at The Home Depot

I have been looking everywhere for these new or used , I'm going to order 12 about 500 lbs and would never have thought Home Depot would carry them and with free shipping it's a no brainer . I found 3 on ebay but the seller would not ship them ,Thanks lancem you just made my day ! :cool2::drink: P.S. The ups man is going to hate me !

/ suitcase weights #3  
OUCH,,, $1.40 per lb. Best place to find weights is at farm sales. Most can be bought for .50 per lb or less.

/ suitcase weights
Yes, I went to three of them and could never buy less than 1000lbs.

/ suitcase weights #5  
Maybe this isn't possible, but have you guys checked at a dealership?? I can't imagine that your local JD dealer would charge more than $1.40 per lb. Seems the going rate for new weights is $1.00 per lb.

/ suitcase weights #6  
OUCH,,, $1.40 per lb. Best place to find weights is at farm sales. Most can be bought for .50 per lb or less.

I tried to buy them at a few local auctions and the price always ended up over $75.00 each rusted , you have to remember they have that nice little Deere on them !:laughing:

/ suitcase weights #7  
I've bought a lot of weights as farm sales. These are White suitcase weights, 105lb each, paid .30 per lb. There are deals out there, just gotta be patient.

DSC01142_zpsb0e7aa74.jpg

DSC01141_zps7009e209.jpg

/ suitcase weights #8  
I tried to buy them at a few local auctions and the price always ended up over $75.00 each rusted , you have to remember they have that nice little Deere on them !:laughing:

I totally understand, I'm an appearance guy too!!!

/ suitcase weights #9  
Maybe this isn't possible, but have you guys checked at a dealership?? I can't imagine that your local JD dealer would charge more than $1.40 per lb. Seems the going rate for new weights is $1.00 per lb.

Now you got me thinking and I called the local JD dealership they priced me at $90.00 each back in December and had to order them , That's why I started looking else where Now 5 minutes ago they priced me at $35.00 each and had 9 in stock ?? I guess they must have an overstock ?? Still glad you made me think about this today ,Thanks everybody gotta go warm up the truck !

/ suitcase weights
My local JD dealership wanted $92 for the exact same weights. My local Kubota dealership just looked at me like i had two heads.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

New Holland 355 Grinder Mixer (A33041)
New Holland 355...
Sky Jack SJ III 4526 Electric Scissor Lift (A33349)
Sky Jack SJ III...
International 55 Chisel Plow (A33041)
International 55...
Hobart Champion 16 AC/DC Welder - Stick-Tig-Wire 8000-Watt Power Generator, (A33349)
Hobart Champion 16...
12" Bench Grinder, 3-Phase (A33349)
12" Bench Grinder...
2015 16ft Bucket Truck Serive Bed Body, (A33078)
2015 16ft Bucket...