Sunshade and tractor cover

/ Sunshade and tractor cover #1  

imajeepnut

Silver Member
John's good looking sunshade on his 2660 got me to thinking. Has anyone found a way to incorporate the sunshade with some sort of tractor cover for protecting the tractor when sitting outside? I'll be building my barn "after" I receive my tractor, and would like to keep it out of the weather in the meantime. I just wondered if there was such a cover for these CUTs.

Thanks,
Jeff

/ Sunshade and tractor cover #2  
i attached three pictures showing the two different size pieces of EPDM roofing i use to protect my tractor outside. one from the winter, one from the spring, and one from the summer with the short piece of rubber clamped to the tractor with spring clamps.
seems to work real well for me...can be a bit of a pain to get back off and on, but i have worked out how to fold it up and pull it off and on pretty quickly after a few years practice.:rolleyes: for me it is worth it to keep it protected as best i can, and since i can not afford to build a barn/garage this will have top do for now.
i now there is a school of thought out there that it is not necessary to keep a tractor out of the elements as that is where they were made to be:eek:

Attachments

• tractor, dog, log pull, babys 001.jpg
    tractor, dog, log pull, babys 001.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 12-20-08 snow 001.jpg
    12-20-08 snow 001.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC00143.jpg
    DSC00143.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 436
   / Sunshade and tractor cover #3  
John's good looking sunshade on his 2660 got me to thinking. Has anyone found a way to incorporate the sunshade with some sort of tractor cover for protecting the tractor when sitting outside? I'll be building my barn "after" I receive my tractor, and would like to keep it out of the weather in the meantime. I just wondered if there was such a cover for these CUTs.

Thanks,
Jeff
I keep my BX2660 under my deck where dust and some water drips on it. Jeff: You've got me to thinking that I could tack Tyvek to the under side of my deck and let it hang and just drive in the Tyvek room. Thanks. PS Also I think you asked if my BX stopped when I let off and it doesn't but I never noticed it before you asked. It stops with the slightest push in the other direction which is what I had been doing without thinking. Feels right and natural. Much better than the 50.

/ Sunshade and tractor cover #4  
one word of caution on dark covers, apologize for stating the obvious....rodents love dark, sheltered, dry places to nest...the next step is to sharpen their ever growing incisors on whatever's handy....needn't say more. Until I get that outbuilding up, I rely on contractor's 6 mil clear visquine rather than dark covers, and leave the HOOD UP (under cover) during storage periods. just a thought. bb

/ Sunshade and tractor cover
John.....I'll be doing the same as you after I get the barn built. I'll have a stall for the tractors...but until then, I thought I might use snaps on the inside of the canopy, and affix some sort of material to "drape" down over the tractor. I don't mind it getting wet, but I would prefer to cut the UV exposure. Sooooo....here's my idea.

I can buy "no see-um" mesh...screen material. It comes in large rolls, and is very soft and non abrasive. It claims to cut UV light by 80% or more. The material is used for mosquito curtains on decks. It is black, but see through also. Since air can circulate, mildew wouldn't be an issue. You can also sew small magnets in the perimeter to secure it to the chassis. I do agree with BB about the dark covers though.....and would hope that since light can pass through, the rodents wouldn't be invited....any thoughts?

/ Sunshade and tractor cover #6  
i had a custom car cover made by Big Sky. they had me measure a bunch of different places on a picture of my car and in about two weeks my cover arrived. this thing is awesome, i have a roadster (no roof or top) and with this cover on it can rain all day and not a drop yes not a drop of water will be in the car. i don't know what it is made out of but its kinda like tent material. very light and the whole cover fits in a bag smaller than a pillow case (which it came with) i have had this cover for 8 years and other than a stain or two it still looks and performs like new. their number is 800-221-4875. i think it cost me about $300 to $400 i thought it was a lot of money till the first time it rained. you can watch the water just roll off the cover like a newly waxed car.

good luck
Brian

Thanks Brian.... What is the company name? Is it sewn in the cover? I'd like to look them up online first.

Jeff

/ Sunshade and tractor cover #8  
John.....I'll be doing the same as you after I get the barn built. I'll have a stall for the tractors...but until then, I thought I might use snaps on the inside of the canopy, and affix some sort of material to "drape" down over the tractor. I don't mind it getting wet, but I would prefer to cut the UV exposure. Sooooo....here's my idea.

I can buy "no see-um" mesh...screen material. It comes in large rolls, and is very soft and non abrasive. It claims to cut UV light by 80% or more. The material is used for mosquito curtains on decks. It is black, but see through also. Since air can circulate, mildew wouldn't be an issue. You can also sew small magnets in the perimeter to secure it to the chassis. I do agree with BB about the dark covers though.....and would hope that since light can pass through, the rodents wouldn't be invited....any thoughts?
Sounds/looks like a plan. I think air circulation is important to keep from trapping moisture/humidity on the equipment. Tyvek and other brands of house wrap are supposed to prevent moisture from coming in from the outside but allows it to pass through from house side that's why there is an outside (brand name) and inside. On the cheap one could maybe find some big enough pieces on a construction site. No, don't take it off the side of the house, smaller pieces in the trash pile.:)
I would rather have strips instead of one whole piece since I want to hang it and drive in and out.

Sorry Brian...I just re-read the post and saw the Big Sky company name....so I'll Google that.

Thanks

/ Sunshade and tractor cover #10  
https://www.bigskycarcovers.com/

there is the link, you will probably have to call and tell them what you want. i know when i bought mine the told me they will custom make any cover. good luck