Sunshade help

/ Sunshade help #1  

aje3721

I've been trying to come up with a good way to mount some lighting on the ROPS but without welding or drilling, which are out of the question, I'm considering a sunshade. Has anyone bought a flashy orange sunshade for their ride? If so, where did we pick it up, and if you don't mind, how much did it set you back?

/ Sunshade help #2  
Welcome to TBN - try searching here for "canopy" - there should be several manufacturers mentioned. Is there a reason that drilling small holes in the ROPS is out of the question? I don't think the strength would be affected by a couple small wiring holes. My ROPS is non-folding - the worklights are in the protected inside corners with wiring running inside the tubing.

worklights.jpg

After the above pic was taken, I added a canopy

rsz_2lisa8.jpg

The canopy is fiberglass with a light steel frame - maybe not as strong a location for worklights as the ROPS is. The canopy is made by Tel-Trax - they offer several styles and colors with lots of pics at their website

Also there's a current discussion on this
Happy hunting!

Last edited:
   / Sunshade help #4  
rbargeron said:
Welcome to TBN - try searching here for "canopy" - there should be several manufacturers mentioned. Is there a reason that drilling small holes in the ROPS is out of the question? I don't think the strength would be affected by a couple small wiring holes. My ROPS is non-folding - the worklights are in the protected inside corners with wiring running inside the tubing.

worklights.jpg

After the above pic was taken, I added a canopy

rsz_2lisa8.jpg

The canopy is fiberglass with a light steel frame - maybe not as strong a location for worklights as the ROPS is. The canopy is made by Tel-Trax - they offer several styles and colors with lots of pics at their website

Also there's a current discussion on this
Happy hunting!
I installed exactly the same canopy on my Branson. It's great. I ordered mine through my dealer, and I think I paid around $300 for it, but you can hit White Pine with a rock from here.

OK, that's a slight exageration, but I didn't have to pay much in the way of freight charges.

I installed mine myself, with no help. It's a bit tricky, but in can be done.

/ Sunshade help
Thanks for the welcome. I like the protected location for mounting the lights. I was juct considering getting the lights out ahead of the seated position but it would be a weaker install... Time to click away and get the checkbook out!

/ Sunshade help #6  
aje3721 said:
I've been trying to come up with a good way to mount some lighting on the ROPS but without welding or drilling, which are out of the question, I'm considering a sunshade. Has anyone bought a flashy orange sunshade for their ride? If so, where did we pick it up, and if you don't mind, how much did it set you back?
If you plan to actually fold down your ROPS you should look at removable sun shades like the TUFFTOP, which is what I have on my L3240.

The TUFFTOP is attached to the ROPS with a clamp on bracket. The bolts for the bracket allow you to mount an aluminum "angle iron" rail just below the ROPS for mounting lights etc. without welding or drilling the ROPS.

Talon Dancer