Sunshine L1-245 questions

/ Sunshine L1-245 questions #1  

ES786

Recently inherited this tractor and don't know anything about it. I can't read japanese. Please help me.

1. What is the kubota crossover number?
2. How can I find the year the tractor was manufactured?
3. Is the transmission fluid and hydrostatic fluid mixed? If so, what do I buy to replace when I change the fluid?
4. I found the cap where the transmission/hydrostatic fluid is added, but I haven't been able to locate a dipstick to check the fluid level? Is there a dipstick? If so, where would it be located? If not, how do I know if I need to add fluid?

THANKS.

/ Sunshine L1-245 questions #2  
On the wheels of your tractor, check for a 3 digit #. It should give you the month and the year of manufac. of the wheels. Beware, when these tractors are shipped in the containers, the wheels are taken off most ofthe time so it quite possibly may not be the original ones. I know Yanmar uses the manuf. process of "just in time" or "lean" To my understanding this process allows them to be extremely efficient in the manf. and corporate sector of the company always striving to "cut the waste" and the philosophy of creating better products day after day. Sorry for the rant.
I believe Sunshine is a private labeled farmer's co-op, just like zen-noh, kumiai but I could be wrong. A Kubota dealer probably won't help as the tractors were banned from importing under 50 pto hp a few years back. A Canadian importer may be able to help more with parts or steer you in the right direction. Never dealt with these guys before but have heard good things. Best-Used-Tractors Just guessing, your model L1-245 came after the L1-24 which was made around '83-'87 which would make your model being made around '88-?. Please keep in mind that all of this is just speculative as I don't own a Kubota. A few more informed people on the board may be able to help more. For the hydraulic/transmission fluid, JD303 or eqivalent should work well, look on Kubota board and see what they're using, don't use straight transmission or straight hydraulic fluid. There should be a dipstick down between your feet, unscrew, on Yanmars, you usually check with dipstick unscrewed, not sure abt. the Bota. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I think it's shuttle shift. Not sure if it has a cousin over here in the U.S. but someone may be able to tell u. Wish I could help U more. Have a great day. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Another site. www.acreageoutfitters.com

/ Sunshine L1-245 questions #3  
@ ES786
Hello, /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Your machine must have a `glass` with <font color="red"> </font> LOW & <font color="red"> </font> HIGH level marks - to see the level of the Hydraulic / transmission oil.
Search on the LHS near the clutch lever, there is a stay to hold the clutch lever down and then look on the housing of the gearbox.
Hope to have been of help . regards
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Sunshine L1-245 questions
FOUND IT. Thank You!

/ Sunshine L1-245 questions
Great information. Thanks for your reply.