Super LT 1550 Belt Slipping?

/ Super LT 1550 Belt Slipping? #11  
When the dealer repaired mine; they replaced the spring, had to add a shim or spacer to align pulleys properly and they replaced the belt, since it slipped so much and glazed.

/ Super LT 1550 Belt Slipping? #12  
You can order a service manual.

-Larry

pz31g22 said:
I'll probably talk to the dealer and see if they can order the spring for me, but I'd like to put it on myself. I understand that's it's under warranty and technically the dealer should fix this...but since we're just talking about a spring...There's no way I'm going to haul my tractor all the way over to the dealer just for them to take the deck off and spend 5 minutes snapping a new spring on. From the looks of it, that's all it could be. That's the only tensioner and spring I see that does the job of keeping the drive belt tight. So that has to be the spring they'd replace. If they say there's a lot more to the real fix than just putting on a new spring, I will have to re-think not taking it in.

I wish Cub Cadet would allow owners access to a manual that shows ALL of the tractor parts like Sears does. For all the ragging on Sears mowers that people do, I have to give that to them - they give you a manual that shows all the parts with part numbers. It seems Cub Cadet is hoping to drive in more business by hiding that info from the do-it-yourself type of owners. After the waranty is expired, it becomes almost a necessity to have a manual that shows all the parts and the part numbers. Unless of course you like to pay the dealer to do everything. I don't :). If I can do it at home, I do. I know when to say when though. There are some times when it's not worth the time or aggravation of trying to fix something at home.

As far as this spring goes that I put on - on the scale of jury-rigging from 1 to 10 (10 being the most jurry-rigged), I'd say my fix is maybe a 2. The spring really does fit rather well where it's placed and it's not in the way of anything (I checked) and it's not overly tight. It really does seem to fit the need very well. Still though, for a couple bucks I'll certainly check on getting a new spring from the dealer for the official fix.

/ Super LT 1550 Belt Slipping? #13  
Which spring was this cause I am having the same issue?