Super M won't start

/ Super M won't start
Finally got kind of caught up on the rest the broke junk here. Got back on tractor and gear is on and buttoned up. Filled the radiator and rolled her over a few times to get oil going before tried to fire her up. No spark, some dummy left the switch on. Made a trip to tractor supply and found a tune up kit with rotor,points and condenser. Points don't fit for sour apples. Only half the contacts hit. Checked and have power both sides of the resistor as was switched to 12 volt coil. Power to the side of the distributor. Coil checks out good but no fire through the coil. Has good reading to ground with ohm meter. Checked coil wire to cap and read OK as well.

Guess she ain't finished messing with me. Will try a new condenser later after I cool down as is 87 now with 73% humidity. Don't know what I am missing but will keep wacking on her. I ain't ready to let this dead horse go quit yet.

/ Super M won't start #32  
Pays to have a couple of tune-up kits around at times. Being I have 3 tractors with the same engine/distributor, I keep 4 kits in the cabinet at all times. I've heard some not so good things about the TSC kits. I really prefer OEM, or NAPA Echlins.

When I've got hay down, don't need to be running parts, and hoping they have them in stock, especially with rain on the way.

/ Super M won't start
This critter is about to drive me to drink. Went got new points from NAPA. Got them put in and still can't get a spark from the coil. I got some new rings and spade lugs and going to run all new wire as it is a cobbled mess. The tractor is wired using that flat trailer wiring stuff. I guess it is possible to be broke to the point you still get a reading but once try to pull enough power to run it can't do it. Trailer wire is 16 GA at best and figure to use 14 when rewire it.I have seen that in other cases. I am thinking you should be able to get a spark from the coil by rolling the engine over. Running a 12 volt coil and battery with ballast resister.

I also had it blow pressure out the plug hole today when rolled it to the timing mark was 180 out from the #1 tower. So when go to time it again will pull valve cover to make sure intake opens before call it TDC on compression instead of the finger in the hole trick. I have a fairly new as in less then 10 hours on a ballast resistor, cap, rotor and bland new plugs, points and condenser. All of the stuff before the coil checks out with power to ground. It does have the resister type coil and plug wires but it ran fine with them before the gear broke. Only other thing can think of is maybe should take battery and charge it but figure if turns over good ought to be good enough to at least make a spark.

/ Super M won't start #34  
You mean the coil has the internal resistor..?? If it does, that could be your problem. If the external ballast resistor is ahead of the coil, your feeding 6V into a 12V coil, that reduces to 6V. Maybe try jumping around the ballast resistor, straight to the coil..??

/ Super M won't start #35  
This critter is about to drive me to drink. Went got new points from NAPA. Got them put in and still can't get a spark from the coil. I got some new rings and spade lugs and going to run all new wire as it is a cobbled mess. The tractor is wired using that flat trailer wiring stuff. I guess it is possible to be broke to the point you still get a reading but once try to pull enough power to run it can't do it. Trailer wire is 16 GA at best and figure to use 14 when rewire it.I have seen that in other cases. I am thinking you should be able to get a spark from the coil by rolling the engine over. Running a 12 volt coil and battery with ballast resister.

I also had it blow pressure out the plug hole today when rolled it to the timing mark was 180 out from the #1 tower. So when go to time it again will pull valve cover to make sure intake opens before call it TDC on compression instead of the finger in the hole trick. I have a fairly new as in less then 10 hours on a ballast resistor, cap, rotor and bland new plugs, points and condenser. All of the stuff before the coil checks out with power to ground. It does have the resister type coil and plug wires but it ran fine with them before the gear broke. Only other thing can think of is maybe should take battery and charge it but figure if turns over good ought to be good enough to at least make a spark.

Here in the South it would be appropriate at about this point in your story to say, "Bless your heart." You have much more patience than I and should be commended for you persevering to get it done.

/ Super M won't start
The ballast resistor is like the ones on the mid 70s Chrysler products. No resistor in the coil. It had run before with the set up fine. Won't get anything done today another DR appointment that will eat the wday on me 100 mile away. Thinking going to run a separate ground to the coil case as well just to make sure.

/ Super M won't start #37  
Ah, I guess the last paragraph threw me on the resistor type coil. Yup, had a ballast resistor on the ole' 310B Case Hoe I had, but still used the 6V coil.

/ Super M won't start
Well dang it still no spark and got the wires all on and double checked. Coil secondary is reading 1494 ohms. Has a good ground on the case of the coil and primary is reading about 12 ohms Won't draw an arc across more then .015 or so. What is the odds on that when cam gear went as well?

LOL jlgurr I can stand some Bless your hearts here of late. It don't come around soon it may end up meeting my old Mosin Nagant 7.62X54R and be put out of it and my misery.

Dang new to me Yota starter just croaked too. At least it did it at home instead of down in Jackson 140 mile away. Got starter on order and hope the wife can pick up my coil on way home.

/ Super M won't start
WOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO we have ignition. Coil was junk even though only a few months old. Hydraulics needs a drink hoses were jumping like is cavitating. That fills right behind motor above where the lines come out? Need to dial in the timing yet as doesn't want to rev up right. Need to get her back ontop the hill and get oil changed and all that good stuff. Thanks for all the help.

/ Super M won't start #40  
Atta' Boy..!! :)