Super UDT

/ Super UDT #1  

Anonymous Poster

Ready to do 50 hr service on Bx2200. Went to dealer and asked for parts and fluids. Got home and realized had regular UDT. Went back to dealer and after arguing for awhile that the is such a thing as Super UDT, he finally found the part number and order some for me. It came in. I am now wondering, does the tractor come from the factory with fluids or does the dealer put the original fluid in the tractor during prep? If so, mine must have regular UDT in it now, since the dealer was not aware of Super UDT. If that is the case, is it wise to change to Super UDT now and mix the types? Others have posted here that their dealers have never used Super UDT, so it must not be really critical. I am more concerned about mixing at this point.

/ Super UDT #2  
Tractor 1234
This has been discussed several times. Here is a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=81960&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post81960>LINK</A> to one I posted some time back. It will lead you to enough reading to keep you out of the heat for a few hours. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
My opinion is use Super UDT. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I'm not sure about mixing.
But your tractor should have come from factory with Super UDT.

/ Super UDT #3  
You wont have a problem mixing UDT with the new Super UDT.

/ Super UDT #4  
No problem mixing the two. Super UDT is less viscous than UDT yet still provides all the benefits of UDT. The reason they are using Super UDT is a quicker warm up to operating temp for the fluid.
To answer your question, there is a Kubota dealer near me (not the one I bought my unit from) who doesn't even sell Kubota fluids. He sells and fills all the Kubota's he sells with CASE hydraulic fluid. He said he has the approval of Kubota and the warranty is still in force. Go figure!
From what you have mentioned, I would assume that your dealer filled your system with UDT since he never heard of Super UDT. Do these guys ever read the Kubota documentation? Makes one wonder.

Bob

/ Super UDT #5  
they come from the factory with super udt fluid. the dealer only will top it off if it is low.

/ Super UDT #6  
Someone posted that Chevron Synthetic All-Weather Hydraulic Fluid meets the Super UDT spec. I found it on Chevron's website and it does meet the Super UDT spec. It's expensive for hydraulic fluid but it's still cheaper than Super UDT.

/ Super UDT #7  
compatible means it will mix together, gasoline and milk will mix. the hydraulic fluid kubota uses, has ingredients you need for the tractor. face it the fluid is used by the hst trans, the differential, the powersteering, the hyd. lifts. on a 10 to 30 thousand dollar tractor is fluid that you replace every 300 to 400 hours worth taking a chance on? besides i use the regular udt fluid from kubota, when it first came out with the super udt, it was designed for cold weather usage. that was the only difference, according to them at the time.

/ Super UDT #8  
Using the Chevron hydraulic fluid is not taking a chance. It's equal to or better than super UDT. When I asked the Kubota dealer for a quote on a 55 gal drum, they replied it would be cheaper to go ahead and buy the Chevron fluid. They did provide a quote and the Chevron was cheaper.

The Chevron runs about $11.00 per gal when bought by the drum. My problem is I have several tractors that use interchangeable implements, so the possibility of fluid contamination is high. By standardizing on the Chevron, I eliminate the problem at minimum cost. I'm not going to put UDT or super UDT in everything. I did have a dump trailer's hydraulic system initially filled with UDT to prevent problems when used with the Kubota which is an HST.