Superman Lives in Metropolis!!!!

/ Superman Lives in Metropolis!!!! #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
...but he doesn't work for the Daily Planet, he sells Kioti tractors. And he's not Clark Kent, he's James Little.

We have been working on our house foundation off and on for most of the fall and winter and I decided a few weeks ago it was time to quite borrowing other people's backhoes and buy one for my Kioti DK 45. I sent James an email and got a quote on a Kioti KB2385. I got a prompt reply and with just a little begging and wheedling on my part, I got approval from the wife/CFO.

James got a backhoe for me on his next load of Kiotis and let me know when it arrived. He came by my place on Tuesday evening and picked up my tractor, took it back to Metropolis, installed the backhoe the next day and brought it back last night (tractor was gone from my possession less than 24 hours).

Even after getting to my place after dark, James took the time to show me all the operational, maintenance and safety features for the backhoe and explained the installation and removal of it. He brought all the paperwork to me to sign and in general took care of everything.

I won't get a chance to use my new backhoe until this weekend, but it should bet quite a workout as I have to re-excavate part of our basement and footers and I've got lots of utility lines, footers, etc. to get dug.

To make a long story longer, I couldn't be happier with the service that I have gotten from either Kioti in general or Little Tractor in particular. Since buying my DK 45 and Howse bushhog, I've been back and bought a second Howse bushhog (actually my dad's, because he liked mine), a Rhino 2309 loader for the DK45, a Kioti 4' finish mower for my Yanmar, a Grasshopper 721D (that was actually purchased by a committee from where I work at, but I pointed for us to checkout Little Tractor) and now a backhoe for the DK45. I hope that the repeat business is a testament to the quality of the Dealer who still treats me as a friend with every deal and James always takes the time to talk to me even with one of the busiest and toughest schedules of anybody I know.

I'll keep you guys updated on my new backhoe. Just had to brag about my new stuff and my great dealer.

/ Superman Lives in Metropolis!!!! #2  
I'm glad to hear about Little Tractor. I had heard they were going out of business, but I guess that was just another of those nasty rumors that get going around for no apparent reason. I'm glad they're alive and doing well. Is there another Little Tractor somewhere? I hope noone is going out of business, especially one as good as you have told us about. John

/ Superman Lives in Metropolis!!!! #3  
James is a super guy with a very deserved new facility. I'm not sure how many tractors he has sold aready this year, but he sold three of our top and tilt (TCC) systems the first week in his new place. Way to go James!

/ Superman Lives in Metropolis!!!!
I would be shocked if Little Tractor were to go out of business. I know that they have been the No. 1 volume dealer for Kioti and James said on Wednesday that he has already sold 7 tractors this week alone.

They have also expanded to their new building - I missed the grand opening because I was fixing fencelines (with my Kioti) and have yet to get there, but I'll have to go by and check it out.

Little Tractor has also picked up New Holland tractors, hay equipment and construction equipment as an additional line, and I think he has dropped Daewoo from the lineup. His staffing has expanded to eight people (dedicated parts person, secretary, salesman, mechanics, setup guy, etc.). All in all, the dealership seems to be growing by leaps and bounds and I'm still getting the great personal service that made me happy to buy from James in the first place.