Mowing Supersteer and MMM

/ Supersteer and MMM #1  

burnetma

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 5420 MFWD 541 FEL JD X758
Anybody out there mowing their lawn with a supersteer tractor and a mid mount mower?

I am weighing the options for a compact tractor to mow the lawn, trim mow around fence lines, run a PTO generator and do some box blade/York rake work. I like the supersteer concept but not sure if it is ideal for finish mowing a lawn. So ask those who are doing it, right?

/ Supersteer and MMM #2  
We have it on ours and like it. Makes very tight turns, easy to mow around stuff with. Greg

/ Supersteer and MMM #3  
When I got my TC40D with SuperSteer you could not get it with a mid mount mower. The wheels would hit the mower deck in tight turns. I do use a Rear Finish Mower and I like the SuperSteer for lawn mowing.

/ Supersteer and MMM #4  
TC33DA...Supersteer...72" rear discharge MMM....LOVE IT !!!!! :thumbsup:

/ Supersteer and MMM #5  
I used to have a TC33DA with a Befco RFM and it was the cats meow, for mowing, especially under all the low hanging cedars we had at the old place.
With the hydro, you could see-saw back under them and clean up under them quick, and the supersteer was great for turning square corners. I would assume with a MMM it would great for mowing around obstacles.

James K0UA

/ Supersteer and MMM
Thank you all for the responses. I think it is worth my time to find one to test drive. NH dealers here are quite small and do not have SS models in inventory.

/ Supersteer and MMM #7  
I have a TC34D NEW to ME 156 hours with MMM (rear discharge) and SS.. I absolutely love this tractor. I have only mowed about 20 hours since I got it but Matt @ my NH dealer in Vestal NY has been AWESOME to deal with. His team of service and parts folks are amazing answering questions from newbies like me.. I cannot say enough about them! This is my second blue my other is a tz22da